free website stats program No Speedo update | Harley Davidson Forums

No Speedo update

Sheepdogmarine

Hey all,

Just an update on my 2000 Fat boy with no speedo or odometer or self-cancelling turn signals. It was the speed sensor just as Glider had suggested.

Hats off to you Glider!:small3d026:

Eric

I had a problem with my speedo as well. My wife bumped the charger and it hit the frame and made a spark. I removed the charger and now my speedo dones not work. Any ideas?

How about a hint of what bike we are talking about. Fill in your profile and avatar with that info too.

I'm having an issue on my Speedo also but mine is self-induced. I relocated my speedo after removing my tach that stopped working and wired it back up like before but now the speedo needle won't move. The light and odometer still works though. Did I blow a fuse? Or by removing tach messed something up? Sorry for hi-jack...

Just Updated.

If I had to guess from when I was building customs they are under your seat.:s

I'm having an issue on my Speedo also but mine is self-induced. I relocated my speedo after removing my tach that stopped working and wired it back up like before but now the speedo needle won't move. The light and odometer still works though. Did I blow a fuse? Or by removing tach messed something up? Sorry for hi-jack...

I'd say it's probably your sensor or maybe your wiring needs to be checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to guess from when I was building customs they are under your seat.:s

I'd say it's probably your sensor or maybe your wiring needs to be checked.

Thanks. I just went over all my wiring again tonight and found no apparent problems with the wiring. I soldered all the connections. I think it might be the sensor as well. I checked the red and white wires to the sensor for voltage and got nothing with a test light. Which leads me to believe bad speedo or bad sensor. But the speedo was working before I moved it so either I broke it or have a bad connection somewhere. Tomorrow, i'll try pulling the sensor and cleaning it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back