free website stats program No spark at spark plugs.... | Harley Davidson Forums

No spark at spark plugs....

jts141

2009 road glide, just changed the oil pump and now I do not have any spark at the plugs? Any ideas on what I could have done to make this happen?

Check crank trigger, crank trigger cable and quick disconnect. Does the fuel pump prime for 4 seconds when you flip the RUN switch w/ key on.

I CAN'T see anything on the oil pump side that would cause this... Other than pinching wires under the cam cover???

Why the oil pump change?

signed....BUBBIE

I gotta ask because it happened to me. I did the hydraulic tensioner upgrade on my 2006 with the oil pump upgrade. Put it all back together and it wouldn't start. I checked everything, pulled both plugs out trying to see spark, nothing. I went back to the book and noticed a small note says basically that you gotta have one plug in for the thing to fire. After several hours of wasted time sure enough we screwed one plug back in and the other fired like a champ, pulled that one out screwed the other one in, both plugs firing. Grrrr. Did I feel dumb. Anyway I opened the cam case back up, rechecked timing and I had screwed up lining the timing marks when reinstalling cam gears. Lined it all up right put it back together, installed both plugs, bang started on the first touch of the button.

So make sure you've got one plug screwed into the cylinder when testing the other for spark.

Back