free website stats program no sert or power commander required?!? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

no sert or power commander required?!?

My home work is showing that If I do slip on's only, I will likely be fine, if I do in take and exhaust, a tuner of sorts is recommended. I'm wanting to do slip on's for now due to finances, I figure if I have an issue with decel pop or carb pop, time to go all the way. Maybe the best way to see for sure, is do a before and after sniff test.

I've heard of the Terry Component system, called the Terminal Velocity, self adjusts and constantly monitors and makes changes. I've heard negitives on the hdforum but no no one with this unit, Does anyone here have knowledge on the V&H Fuel Pack or the Terry??

I don't know anyone with the Terry components system but from what I know about it is it's O.K., but not the best. It uses the same narrow band oxygen sensors as the stock set up, so if you do anything more than a stage one I've heard it doesn't work very well.

I would have to seriously consider looking at the ThunderMax EFI with Auto tune, as it incorporates the wide band o2's.

The problem I am having now is ping while crusing when I roll on the power. Pretty sad for a new bike with 1330 miles with a bone stock motor! I'm waiting to see what HD is going to do about it, if anything! Unfortunitly, this will be a more common problem with the 2010 models, as all new bikes will have to run this lean to meet EPA AND CARB!!! So, buyer beware in 2010! For nw I will buy the IED's and throw them on to see if it will help with the ping.

The Xieds will help with the ping and give you better throttle response to boot but at the expense of some fuel mileage. I'm happy with mine on my stock 08 FLHT but if you're going to put on exhaust, intake etc. you're really going to need the fuel tuner of your choice. I'm saving all my upgrades for this winter when it's too cold to enjoy riding every day. Thinking exhaust and intake and Power Commander as well as some other handling and cosmetic stuff but the Xieds have helped a lot for now.

The problem I am having now is ping while crusing when I roll on the power. Pretty sad for a new bike with 1330 miles with a bone stock motor! I'm waiting to see what HD is going to do about it, if anything! Unfortunitly, this will be a more common problem with the 2010 models, as all new bikes will have to run this lean to meet EPA AND CARB!!! So, buyer beware in 2010! For nw I will buy the IED's and throw them on to see if it will help with the ping.

I installed the Xied's in the 08 Ultra and much better throttle response and smooth driveability in cruise mode and no lean pinging. Recently a dealer turned me on to an updated download for the 08's that he said gives better throttle response. I said what the heck, it's free, so I let him update the computer. The bike seems to run the same and really can't tell much difference except throttle seems quicker. ( more instant)

***you should check out this update as the dealer told me I would really like the difference and he was right as the faster throttle response is nice ( but makes you want to use it more and as such fuel mileage suffers. **another price for fun!!

Last edited:
Well, either way, XIEDS or a dealer Download, or an aftermarket tuner, when adding more fuel, be it autos or bikes, the end result is the same for both. Fuel mileage will suffer In stock form, mine pretty much sucks anyway!

I totally agree, no bike off the floor should ping! I only have 1350 miles on it and all I burn is Premium fuel. I'm waiting to see what HD has to say. My only concern is, I hope I didn't buy a POS bike. If so, I will dump it and never look back at HD again. I live by, Once bit, twice shy!

OK, just got off the phone with the stealer, they say, HD says', there is a program to down load that the stealer doesn't really know what it does, other than when in traffic, the head heat sensors shut down the rear cylinder to cool off the motor. The stealer doesn't know if it richens anything up by doing this down load as it would conflict with EPA guidlines. He also says, on some bikes, this download was optional. Never heard of that one.. I'm considering trying it, but only under the circimstances if I can reverse it at no charge if it doesn't work. The stealer said it's almost like a stage 1 DL but doesn't know if it will fatten anything up, as mentioned above.

Thanks Smitty!

If I don't go out of town this weekend, the HD stealer says they want to try this DL, on Saturday. If I leave town, I'll take er in early in the week and give you all the low down..

Most HD dealers are not stealers heck I get better deal from them than the discount places.

That would be a switch:p Maybe their just doing it to you and you don't know it!:newsmile011: The one I got mine from didn't do anything for me when I picked it up, except gladly take my $$ No discounts, no freebies, NADA! Not even a freakin T-Shirt! They don't even have sales prices... But I do know, I won't buy any major parts from them, I'll take the 50 min ride south!

Back