free website stats program No power on gauges with ignition on | Harley Davidson Forums

No power on gauges with ignition on

SoftailStd

My friends 2002 roadglide has no power but once we hooked a jumper pack to the battery it started to crank over ???? Something is obviously not happy. Did something short? Is something stuck in the starter?? This all happened when we were unloading from Daytona. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the battery has an internal short. Or did you mean that once you hooked the jumper pack up, it started to crank over all by itself, without button being pushed? If that is the case, did you trailer thru a lot of rain?

Sounds like the battery has an internal short. Or did you mean that once you hooked the jumper pack up, it started to crank over all by itself, without button being pushed? If that is the case, did you trailer thru a lot of rain?
Once we hooked the Jumper pack up it started to crank all by itself without pushing the button. It was trailered in an enclosed trailer and didn't get wet at all.

Not sure if this is the problem but i've seen this happen before on cars. The starter shaft does not retract and stays engaged with the flywheel so when it receives power it will start to crank on it's own.

Try tapping on the starter with a hammer and see if it will disengage.

Also check your starter relay. I would also charge & load test the bike battery. After running check your charging system. Something cause the bike's battery to go down. Active alarm system maybe going on/off/on/off inside the trailer?
tourbox

Back