free website stats program No oil psi | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

No oil psi

HDDON and Jack,

Thanks for the welcome and when I get back on two wheels I shout out to ya and maybe we could do some riding and eating.

HDDON and Jack,

Thanks for the welcome and when I get back on two wheels I shout out to ya and maybe we could do some riding and eating.

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to it. Don

Re: No oil psi (Light at the end of the tunnel)

And dont forget Lunch and some GOOD stories:D

Revok1200, I have to warn you. HDDON is not much of a story teller. They don't eat much either............:D

IT'S BACK and Alive,

Picked the bike up yesterday from the dealer finally after just about 2 months.

The new motor, now black and chrome looks good, and I can hear and feel the difference in the motor now it is a 95".

I did the 30-60 (x10) within the first 5 miles and then again today on the second ride (just because). Total, I have put almost 150miles on it (all roads and speeds)and it feels good.

MY QUESTION

I am leaving NC to go back to Florida tomorrow, most of the run will be on Hwy95, am I going to hurt the motor being new?

I know there will be conflicting answers, but give me your best advice. I have always rode'm like I stole'm from the get go, but after dropping this chunk of change I am cautious.

Sounds like you have the break in done and riding I95 should not be a problem. make sure the oil level is correct and watch out for those cages. Seems like everytime I'm on I95 the other drivers think that is the speed limit. Ride Safe Don

Don't hold ONE speed or RPM for a long time. Keep the motor running up and down but NO lugging.

If you run 70 in 6th for a mile or two,shift to 5 every once and a while and allow that higher RPM then back to 6th..... Leave off a few hundred RPM. You know the drill. I like to do this at least until 500 miles then forget it and ride it.

I noticed 500 miles on a new motor a definite change than again at 1200 to 1500 miles a Looser motor(in a good way)...

Enjoy that New Bike all over again...:D

signed....BUBBIE

thanks Don,

Fortunatley I won't be on my own, several of us heading down and even a follow vehicle with trailer, so if I do have problem we got it covered.

And I know what you mean about riding 95.

Will follow advice, will probably be best to keep the cruise off on the trip down, that will force the natural rpm change as we travel, didn't think about up and down on the gears to adjust, will keep that in mind as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
After doing the 30-60 break in procedure best to use varying speeds for at least the first 500 miles most of the roads around here are good for that also stay away from wide open throttle for that first 500 and i would change the oil and filter just to get rid of and break in debris and there will be some

Brian

Back