free website stats program No oil psi | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

No oil psi

Re: No oil psi UPdate

I have used the Harley remanufacture program and it is a great way to get a new warrenty. I priced new motors and priced the cost of parts with me doing the work. The reman. won hands down.

Do you have a break-down of the costs for the Reman that you used? Was that for an EVO or TC? How much was the rest of the costs other than what the Factory charged?

TQ

Do you have a break-down of the costs for the Reman that you used? Was that for an EVO or TC? How much was the rest of the costs other than what the Factory charged?

TQ

Back in '05 when I had it done total out the door was about $3400.00. It was for an Evo. At that time you had to have a Harley dealer reinstall the new motor, but you could take the motor out of the frame if you wanted to save some $$. I let G'vill Harley remove the motor, and had all the cables, bearings, clutch, and primary replaced. I think the cost of just the motor was $2200 installed. When they rolled it out the door I basically had a new bike, with a 12 month unlimited milage warrenty. That is a better warrenty than when the bike was new in '94. It originally came with a 12 month, 12,000 mi warrenty. The bike has been flawless since the reman. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking at major motor work. G'ville Harley also completly detailed the bike from the frame up. The whole process took 2 1/2 weeks.

Back in '05 when I had it done total out the door was about $3400.00. It was for an Evo. At that time you had to have a Harley dealer reinstall the new motor, but you could take the motor out of the frame if you wanted to save some $$. I let G'vill Harley remove the motor, and had all the cables, bearings, clutch, and primary replaced. I think the cost of just the motor was $2200 installed. When they rolled it out the door I basically had a new bike, with a 12 month unlimited milage warrenty. That is a better warrenty than when the bike was new in '94. It originally came with a 12 month, 12,000 mi warrenty. The bike has been flawless since the reman. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking at major motor work. G'ville Harley also completly detailed the bike from the frame up. The whole process took 2 1/2 weeks.

The price I am finding on line is between $2800-2900 for the reman.

So I am assuming when you had yours done the dealer labor is seperate?

The price I am finding on line is between $2800-2900 for the reman.

So I am assuming when you had yours done the dealer labor is seperate?

I would check with your dealer but the reinstall of the motor was part of the reman price for me. My dealer, Gainesville HD, has been very good to me and maybe they gave me some kind of break because I let them take it out and all the work I had done at the time.

With this much damage and your Not having all the experience needed to total rebuild your problem engine,,,, I think I would go the HD Remanufacture...

Check out to see (at your favorite HD dealer) IF you can go 95" on your engine. also I think they do the modification to the newer style Hydraulic Tensioner system.... Updated cam plate,tensioner, Oil pump... IF they do all this?? it is a Win Win for you.:D

You can't beat their re-man price. YES, a dealer Has To do the in and out.

Let us know how you go.

signed....BUBBIE

With this much damage and your Not having all the experience needed to total rebuild your problem engine,,,, I think I would go the HD Remanufacture...

Check out to see (at your favorite HD dealer) IF you can go 95" on your engine. also I think they do the modification to the newer style Hydraulic Tensioner system.... Updated cam plate,tensioner, Oil pump... IF they do all this?? it is a Win Win for you.:D

You can't beat their re-man price. YES, a dealer Has To do the in and out.

Let us know how you go.

signed....BUBBIE

They do state they do the cam tensioner upgrade to hydraulic with oil pump and cam plate as well. Didn't think about 95" but it sure wont hurt if the price is right, going to talk with the dealer tomorrow to consider options. Will keep you all posted.

I would check with your dealer but the reinstall of the motor was part of the reman price for me. My dealer, Gainesville HD, has been very good to me and maybe they gave me some kind of break because I let them take it out and all the work I had done at the time.

Talking with dealer tomorrow, if the price listed includes the in/out it is a great price.

Talking with dealer tomorrow, if the price listed includes the in/out it is a great price.

I don't know the cost of a new aftermarket TC motor, but it was going to cost me $6000 to $8000 for a crate motor from S&S or Patrick Racing. The reman was a solid deal for me.

I hope this all works out well for ya. Went through a similiar experience during last summer. Lost the tensioner shoe and the material destroyed my pump. Lost oil pressure and rode it home with the same noise you described. I purchased a used pump and camplate, had to cleanup the crank from the scoring until the new pump gears slid on with no problem. Compression was at 150 both cyclinders when put back together. While in there, I replaced the bearings with Torrington. For all those out there that havent replaced them yet, please do so. These type of posts are hard to read. Keep us updated and trust you will be back on the pavement soon. Also, would like to say again could not have done it without the help of the greatest 4M on the web.

Dropped the sled off at the dealer today, feels like I lost a friend. However in a few short weeks she will be reborn like the pheonix and on the fly.

Decided to have the engine put into Harley's Reman program, and with some help from you all, I did decide to have it upgraded to the 95, and Harley automatically upgrades the cam plate and tensioners to Hyraulic, and I get the 12 month warranty unlimited mileage (from the date I get the bike back).

I also decided to have it done in Black and Chrome vice the Silver and Chrome that I sent it off with. Having the inner primary and some other components powder coated black. The transmission will stay silver put with the chrome already on it and the new powder coated parts I don't think it will be that out of place, have to wait and see.

As of right now the reman and upgrade is $3500, plus labor from the dealer for the in and out of the engine. Dealer is working with me a little on the labor so the cost won't be that bad for labor. Powder coating is an add on so I am looking at coming in about $4000.

Will keep you all updated on how it goes.

Back