free website stats program no oil pressure..... | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

no oil pressure.....

If my bike were opened up like his, that crank would be welded before it went back in, even if it were on my dime. Then I wouldn't worry about it affecting the warranty.

I would have to agree with you on this aspect, however unless you catch an understanding dealer that will do this for you, they usually will not vary from the norm with a reassembly because it leaves them liable for any problems that can be associated with the crank then. It's understandable but possibly if Mike were to approach them and give them a "release" from liability, maybe they could go this route with the crank. It all depends on the dealer and if the warranty is near an end, they may go for it.

I asked them about that. True to what Glider said. They the dealer won't do that. I asked several questions while I was there. I think the dealer that is doing the work are a good bunch of people. All the extra parts that I requested as in the Fueling parst & S&S cam's. The srevice manager gave me a very good discount.

As to what TQ said yes it is still under warranty for 14 more month's.

I'm getting a little bit of withdrawl's not having anything to ride. But I look at the future. I will have a real good christmas to myself if it is done by then..

To get off the subject for a moment. TQ did they still have the rally in Galveston this weekend? Did you go?

To get off the subject for a moment. TQ did they still have the rally in Galveston this weekend? Did you go?

Yep, they are still having the rally:

Lone Star Rally, Galveston, Texas December 11-14, 2007

But unfortunately, I will NOT be able to go. My daughter has a championship (Gulf area) swim meet in College Station this weekend. We are fixin to leave and head that way shortly. She swims her first event this evening.

Weather prognosis for the rest of the meet is better. It has been unusually cold down here with nighttime temps in the mid-upper 30s and frost everywhere. We even had SNOW the other day/night. Highs today are supposed to be about 60.

Temps tomorrow and Sunday are getting back to ranging between the 60s to the mid-70s. Unfortunately, Sunday and Monday call for isolated thunderstorms. Could put a damper on the end of things.

For anyone going, have a safe and friendly rally. For those like me that can't go this year, I hope the Rally will be back in full swing with a greatly recovered Galveston area next year.

Cheers,

TQ

I was going to go..... But didn't see this happening to the bike. Like you said there will be next year.

Here in San Marcos I woke up with 3" of snow on the truck... Ain't that a little early for us to have that?

Good luck with your daughter's swim meet.

Anyway have a good day.. TTL:D

Talked to the Service manager today. All the parts are there. The heads were being polished & ported today. Let's see it is Wed. Maybe by Christmas I will have it back.... Maybe????? Can't wait.. Dealer has a Ultra that I can borrow for the weekend. That will be quite the change from a Wide Glide to an Ultra Classic....

Talked to the Service manager today. All the parts are there. The heads were being polished & ported today. Let's see it is Wed. Maybe by Christmas I will have it back.... Maybe????? Can't wait.. Dealer has a Ultra that I can borrow for the weekend. That will be quite the change from a Wide Glide to an Ultra Classic....

watch out man -- you get on that Ultra you might have 2 scoots at christmas!! Good luck on getting this taken care of and back on the WG!!

Here is the latest... I picked up the bike yesterday. I now have a sleeper. With all of the mod's that were done while it was down. It is now a 103" with S&S 655 gear driven cam's. With Feuling Cam plate, Lifter's & Feuling oil pump. SE push rod's. Lazano polished & ported head's with compression release. Along with a little extra chrome bling. Found a complete Chrome front end for it on ebay for 100.00$. From St. Paul HD. New off the shelf. I installed a True-Track. On the way home it was a totalally differant ride. The suspesion was a lot tighter going thru the turns. It was a great inprovment from stock. The power was also a excellent improvment. Torque all the way thru the powerband. Can't wait till I get the tune-up after the break in. I am the Happy Camper now. The wait (5 weeks) was well worth it.....

Did you get the manual or electric compression reliefs?

Don't forget to use them or you'll be changing a starter real soon.:s

That's a lot of cam for the WG, must be fun to ride.

Back