free website stats program no oil in transmission | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

no oil in transmission

Thanks Bubbie for your help, I did what you suggested everything looks and sounds good . The bike shifts ok I don,t think It,s any damage done. I,m still waiting for the weather to warm up here in canada so I can take it for a good long ride. thanks to everyone for your advice. madmanbob

You said the primary smelled like gear oil? Makes me wonder if someone who maintained it thought it was a two-holer and thats why your tranny was dry. I would replace the primary fluid as well to be on the safe side.

You said the primary smelled like gear oil? Makes me wonder if someone who maintained it thought it was a two-holer and thats why your tranny was dry. I would replace the primary fluid as well to be on the safe side.

That is a GOOD Call propflux01.

It is always best to Change out ALL lubes so YOU Know where you are...

The primary's have their air vented Thru the center of the clutch rod area and into the tranny.
The "Odors" CAN go both ways.

That good ShockProof SMELLS Strong and I can get a Whiff every now and then, especially durting a change of it.:swoon

signed....BUBBIE

i went from jan. to april with almost no fluid in my '10 ultra. seems the dealership didn't know how to service a bike at 1 k. put 2 k on the bike. had redline shockproof then and now. redline is all that is holding it together. no 5th gear sometimes and won't downshift at others. +1 for redline. i'll ride it till it crashes out. i have towing:bigsmiley23:

Another thing to clean/inspect is the speedo speed censor. Located on the right top side of tranny just below the starter. One screw, a wiggle and pull it out. I wouldn't be too surprised if it has metal dust and shavings on it.
After another oil change and using a good quality gear lube you should find metal dust very very minimal here and at the drain plug magnet if all is well.

Good Luck! :bigsmiley23:

Back