free website stats program no oil in filter | Harley Davidson Forums

no oil in filter

a fram oil filter its an 05 dyna. hopin no serious damage done. dont know how common oil pump failure is only has 17,000 on her

I recommend an HD filter. The one you're using may not have a functional anti-drainback feature, and the oil drains out of the filter between engine runs.

Just a thought...

Enjoy,
Rich P

a fram oil filter its an 05 dyna. hopin no serious damage done. dont know how common oil pump failure is only has 17,000 on her

If you do a search on the forum, you'll find that most use the HD filter for different reasons. Just because it fits as far as application, doesn't mean it will do the job as well. Your Fram may be lacking a drain back valve. HD filters are specked for the HD engines.

Harley Davidson Community

Not to knock Fram too much, but their filters have been known to come undone on Harleys, The paper inside the filters comes un glued, cut one apart one time and see:s They may have been OK in the Shovel head days but I woukd not have one now, not even on the Redheads Rav 4 JMO

Not to knock Fram too much, but their filters have been known to come undone on Harleys, The paper inside the filters comes un glued, cut one apart one time and see:s They may have been OK in the Shovel head days but I woukd not have one now, not even on the Redheads Rav 4 JMO

What I have heard is especially if you used SIN 3 , the paper in Fram will come Un Glued along with the engine.... Hmmmmmm:newsmile093:

signed....BUBBIE

Back