free website stats program No more HD filters. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

No more HD filters.

Go the the Hastings Filters web site, check out the LF600, they make it for Harley, and check their distributors for your zip code...

Yep, just checked the Harley web site and the 93731-99a is listed as $8.95!!!!
I will be calling the dealer tomarrow and start some (EDIT) ! If they dont make it right I will be calling customer service. What this dealer is doing is highway robbery plain and simple. This is how they will loose customers like me. I take pride in my scoot and only want the best on it but at the same time I dont want to be takin to the cleaner's either. There is another dealer that is about 50 or so miles out of the way that I can check out too.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be calling the dealer tomarrow and start some ----!

Let me guess what that will be like....

Hoople: Goodmorning... I am interested in buying a few supplies and need availability and price on a HD 63731-99A black oil filter.

Dealer: Lets see Hoople,,, your cost for the #63731-99A black filter is $13.95 and it's in stock.

Hoople: I only needed one this time. Things have been a little tight this month. The wife is costing me a fortune. She's on the Jenny Craig diet you know.

Dealer: That is the cost for quantity of one Hoople. And that price is because your a Good Customer.

Hoople: Wait a minute. The MSRP for that filter is $8.95.

Dealer: Learn to read Hoople. MSRP stands for just that. SUGGESTED list price. The actual price may vary.!

Hoople: Ya well so can the place I buy my filters at. That will VARY too.

Dealer: Don't get smart with me Hoople. You need me more than I need you. Get with the program. Your nothing but a know it all.

Hoople: Flattery will get you nowhere. When will you guys learn not to mop the floor with customers. You know sooner or later this "shell game" is going to catch up with you.

Dealer: That's the next guys worry. I am retiring next year.

Part Number: PS7348
UPC Number: 765809194052
Principal Application: Harley Davidson Motorcycles - Chrome Version of 57148

Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Glass
Height: 3.404
Outer Diameter Top: 2.921
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 5

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.734 2.430 0.226

that`s what they tell you on NAPA`s web page.

Last edited:
I called the dealer today and asked about the price difference on the HD website and they say there price was correct but when i told them I was going to call customer srevice about the price's at there place of buisness, then all of a sudden I get a complete new response from the parts guy. He then said that he will sell me the filter at the price on the HD website to keep up customer satisfaction. I then asked why the oil was so much higher as well and got the same answer, they will lower the price for me to keep me from calling customer service,(I didnt want the oil just the filter) just making my point. These guy's are just ripping people off every chance they get till some one call's them out on the carpet.

As I said before you need to find a new dealer.
Not only should they not be marking the price up they should be give a good customer a discount off the book price. I get 20% off most items I buy.

Smitty is right,I got Hog Bucks and the local stealer said I couldnt use them cause I wasnt a local Hog member tho I am a life Hog member, I was ready for this one so I told them to call the Mothership OH OH, ther e jaws dropped and I walked out laughing all the way home:p

Does anybody know exactly what "nominal" means in measuring the percent that a oil filter, filters???
Without the beta ratio rating of the oil filter all the nominals, 5 micron, 10 micron, or what ever you want micron is meaningless.
I think little by little Harleys super secret filter formula is being leaked out, and its not what a person would think.
It is interesting that Wix (NAPA) is now stating the "nominal rating" along with all the other specs on their oil filter for twin-cam.
Stay tuned this could get interesting.
wilks3

Back