free website stats program No more HD filters. | Harley Davidson Forums

No more HD filters.

porkchop

I have been using HD filters since my bike was new but now the dealer has raised the price of the black to $13.95!!! That is just nut's. I refuse to pay that much for a filter. I sent WIX an email about the 51348 and they replied saying that when they tested the HD filter campared to theres that they were the same. The WIX is $6.49 at the auto parts store so that is what I will be using from now on. BTW, the dealer has allso raised the price of there HD360 (witch I dont use) to $7.95 a qt. Needless to say, I wont be going to the dealer any time soon.

I have a feeling he is jacking up the price to Over MSRP.

What's the part number of the black filter you have been using. I want to look it up myself.

Go'n to see my HD shop today for some goodies - I'll have to check their prices & compare. Yes, some will mark-up above others & why - because they can :(

Not saying wix is a bad filter (NASCAR brand) & I've run them in my cages. There's probably others out there too - I just get HD's & always have one on hand in garage for the next change.

The 57348 (Chrome) Wix is the chrome version of the 57148. I use this on my 10 Dyna.

It is rated to 5 microns. Just so you'll have a reference a human hair is approximately 100 microns in diameter (Not sure if that's a red one or not).

I paid $11.00 for these at my local Parts Plus affiliate.

Jim

Part Number: 57348
UPC Number: 765809573482
Principal Application: Harley Davidson Motorcycles - Chrome Version of 57148
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Glass
Height: 3.404
Outer Diameter Top: 2.921
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 3/4-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Max Flow Rate: 7-9 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 5

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 2.734 2.430 0.226

I emailed wix last year & there twincam equivalent 13 micron according to there response to me..

I don't know which stealership he went to but .. I bought chrome filter #63798-99a yesterday up Harley Davidson In Paris Texas and it was $13.95 for it.. Iam pretty sure the black one was still around 9 or 10 bucks and oil was still the same old price...P.S " Porkchop" we are over in Emory give us a shout sometime meet up for a ride around the lake....:)

Yep, $8.95 MSRP and it can be had for $7.16 mail order. So this dealership is taking it upon himself to set his own MSRP price which is uplifted by 40%.. Nice.. This is a perfect example of what was said in last weeks thread about "supporting you local dealerships".

Examples like this is what drives me to mail order. I don't know this dealership from Adam. He may be the best in town. But for some reason, I could not shop there.

Back