No Lights! Help please!

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by diver4life, Apr 7, 2013.

1. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Hi to all.
    After a couple of miles riding yesterday my lights stopped working except for the signals and break light. Fuse is good, with the ignition on there is no current to the lights wires. Dont know if the problem could be the ignition switch or fuse box, any help from you guys will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eliot.

2. Sunnysideup

Sunnysideup Junior Member

Eliot, I hate electrical problems but I know a fast quick reliable solution.......Hoople! That guy knows his stuff. Like someone once said here, "everyone should have a Hoople in their toolbox".

3. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Well, lets wait for Hoople then! thanks for your reply anyway. so far I know that there's no current going trough the lights wiring, I used a tester on the wires with the ignition switch in the on position. The thing is that I have no idea where to start looking for the problem.

4. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

I would check your switch. If memory serves me there are 3 wires on it. 1-power.1-ignition, 1-lights. When you turn the key on you should have power on all 3 lugs. The break light would still work even if lights didn't. Old days you had a separate switch position for lights, no day time lights on. Like was said Hoople will chime in soon hopefully.
    tourbox

5. shortster58

shortster58 Member

sounds like the ignition switch ... but first thing i would do is check all your grounds if there clean and tight . check the ingnition switch

6. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Grounds are ok, I was thinking the same thing. I'm still going to wait for Hoople's input. Thanks .

Eliot.

7. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

I will check for current before the switch and if there is something then I will remove the switch.

Thanks.

Eliot.

8. doctor727

doctor727 Active Member

Can't hurt to check for voltage at the switch. Hoople will ask you. We have had a lot of switch problems here lately.

9. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I'm no Hoople but could it be a short at the relay?

10. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Thanks to all for the replies, tomorrow hopefully I will start testing again, I didnt have time today.
    [​IMG]