free website stats program No kickstarter next best thing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No kickstarter next best thing

Very true, the EVO motor saved the company. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather ride than have to sit along side the road making repairs :)... My bikes ran good, had very few problems but, in the AMF days, it was bad, really bad quality control coming out of the MOCO. At the time, I was not a happy camper having to deal with either my bike or a bro's bike broke along side the road but, it added to the road and the stories shared :)...

If not for AMF giving the nod to The EVO and 5 Speed we would not be any where near to what we have now IMO Half the mystique of owning an AMF was wrenching on it, sure THE MOCO could have done a better job but it was all driven by the suits from AMF to get as many bikes to market as they could

have an AMF not any problems ,replaced the starter( soleniod ) your talkin bout ,had to jump it few times also , bendix is the gear that turns it over

Ahh, back in da day, '56 pan with a Linkert , remember going in the mountains and adjusting the fuel as I rode. I musta been nuts then, left hand on the throttle and right triming fuel. with a 19 over wide glide hardtail. hooo boy!

And yeah , I carried all those other items too in a small pouch on the risers.:D

Back