free website stats program No Electrical Power -2003 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

No Electrical Power -2003 Road King

ouoskie

Hi Everyone, I am new to the biking world and recently purchased a 2003 Road King. I have been riding it as much as possible, and went to ride yesterday when the bike decided to not start. When I turned on the ignition switch, the lights came on and then the fuel pump kicked on like normal. When I hit the run switch, every thing went off and now there is no electrical power. I plugged the battery into the battery tender and had it charging for 24 hours. The light on the charger indicates that the battery is fully charged, yet there is still now power to the bike. Any thoughts on what this could be? Would replacing the battery solve this problem? Thanks for any assistance.

First thing to check is the battery cables at both ends of the cables ensure they are clean and securely fitted

Brian

Thanks, it worked! I'm back in business. One of the cables on the battery was loose so I took it off, cleaned all the connections, and it fired up!

Thanks, it worked! I'm back in business. One of the cables on the battery was loose so I took it off, cleaned all the connections, and it fired up!

Re check the volts on the battery again later if fully charged you should be @ 12.7 volts

Back