free website stats program No but I slept in a Holiday Inn last night... | Harley Davidson Forums

No but I slept in a Holiday Inn last night...

Merlynn

Thought you might find this amusing. Went to a dealership with a mechanical problem. Before I went there I used this board to research it including running the diagnostics and clearing the codes so I could ride it. Explained to the service manager the problem and gave detailed notes so the mechanic could get on the problem. Both the mech and the manager asked me if I was a Harley mechanic! I told them no just had access to the best minds on the planet when it comes to keeping these marvelous bikes running. You guys made me look like a genius! Thanks to all of you....

Thought you might find this amusing. Went to a dealership with a mechanical problem. Before I went there I used this board to research it including running the diagnostics and clearing the codes so I could ride it. Explained to the service manager the problem and gave detailed notes so the mechanic could get on the problem. Both the mech and the manager asked me if I was a Harley mechanic! I told them no just had access to the best minds on the planet when it comes to keeping these marvelous bikes running. You guys made me look like a genius! Thanks to all of you....

It's nice to see that they know that they can't get over on people.:D

I think your service department reacted well when given the information you provided. Just like here on the forum the more detailed info you can provide the easier it is to help with the problem.

No, Hawkeye Harley in Coralville Iowa, real nice folks.

Your lucky, some service depts. don't want to listen to the customer. Treat them right. Let them know when they get it right and don't be afraid to write the owner about how well your treated.

No, Hawkeye Harley in Coralville Iowa, real nice folks.

Awh shucks, I was already picking out my new Tshirt.

Just in case someone has never seen the humorous TV commercials that Holiday Inn used to run here in the US here is one of them. ... .. . .. ...

That's a good one Tank, kinda made me think akin to them being the Congress and one of us being the guy with the tour group.

Your lucky, some service depts. don't want to listen to the customer. Treat them right. Let them know when they get it right and don't be afraid to write the owner about how well your treated.

Yep, fortunately (I hope) most dealers ARE customer oriented. I think today I will postal mail that complaint email copy to my local Stealer, since no reply from anyone email. The owner prolly does not read his email and everyone else prolly deleted it. A local friend told me they are interested in selling the dealership, so that's add a bit of clarity to the situation as is.

No biggy on my part, I'm already over the Tshirt and have bought parts from them since. If I was the two guys that refused to punch my hole cards, I would be worried about my future with such an employer. Been my experience that's handwriting on the wall. :cheers

Back