free website stats program no break cancel cruse control | Harley Davidson Forums

no break cancel cruse control

Hi
95 tourglide ultra. The cruse will not cancel when either brake is applied and stop light does not work. Bulb is good and so is the rear stop light switch. Has anyone have any Idea where to go from here. Can ride with out the cruse but not the brake light. It stopped me from taking the bike 60 miles to my daughters home for my 74th birthday party, but that was a good thing. In central Wi I drove into a real gully washer.2 I/2 inches in an hour.

If it does not cancel with the front or rear break, will it cancel with the clutch lever? If none of these will cancel I would think it is the cruise module that has failed. As for the rear tail light have you checked the switch?

I had a '96 UC that happened to once. Turned out to be a relay inside the fairing was bad. This was a 5 prong relay like the starter relay. It provides power to the rear brake switch etc. When you apply the brakes it interrupts the cruise at the same time. You may check for a relay.
tourbox

Check under the seat where the wires go into the fender. Mine rubbed the wires on the underside of the fender.

I routed mine to the outside of the fender.

Toby

Thanks HDDon.
It was the relay,Funny part of this was you could still hear the anti dive solenoid close. We are back on the road, Now we can get back to the fun Harley project. I am restoring a 75 flh matching numbers bike. Don't get much done in summer. Much more a winter thing.

Back