free website stats program No Brake Lights, Turn Signals, Horn or Cruise | Harley Davidson Forums

No Brake Lights, Turn Signals, Horn or Cruise

TXViper

I have a 2009 Street Glide and just had the horn, cruise, turn signals, and brake light all quite working. I don't have any blown fuses, and the turn signals still flash when I turn the ignition off indicating that the security system is activated.

Any ideas of what this could be would be greatly appreciated.

Do know if bike is wired like a car, but horn, cruise control and brake lights are all on same fuse. Like Glider says check em again

OK, Glider, in follow up the Accessorry fuse was blown. I had been checking the Brake fuse. Why would this fuse be blown, but the ACCESSORY Rocker switch still have power to it? That is why I did not even check this fuse. Also, I noticed that it is a 20 Amp that was installed, but owner's manual says it should be a 15 Amp. Had to have been replaced by my local dealer.

Also, Hybrid, I have had some recent work done. Just had a set of cams put in the bike and had a colored matched fairing installed with the new digital antenna as well as a new set of wheels.

I will get another fuse in their and see if it occurs again and post back.

OK, Glider, in follow up the Accessorry fuse was blown.
I will get another fuse in their and see if it occurs again and post back.

Thought you would find it was blown. It should be a 15A fuse and there, may be a problem in one of the circuits causing it to go. Notice if it goes out when you use any of the circuits you posted above or a combination of them all causing an overload on the fuse.
One thing is to never take for granted when checking a fuse, always check them all with a light.

Possibly that circuit is where they picked up the power for your new digital antenna. + 1 for what glider says....get the correct fuse in there, and check the circuits operation and note if any one causes it to blow.

Thanks, my concern at this point is that it was blowing fuses on them at the shop and they just upped it to the 20 to keep it from blowing. I will put a 15 AMP back in it and see what happens and post back. I really appreciate all the help and response from everyone!

Have the 15 amp in there now and everything is working OK, tested all circuits and nothing popped yet, will just keep an eye on it with riding and see if I have something shorting out somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
gs34 brings up a good point, if it pops the fuse again, disconnect the digital antenna feed and see if it holds then. If so find a new feed for it then.

Back