free website stats program No blacked out baggers from HD? | Harley Davidson Forums

No blacked out baggers from HD?

theklanchXL1200N

Ok so we have the night train, the street bob, the cross bones the nightster the night rod. All of these "dark custom" bikes from the MoCo, but no baggers?

I was hoping to see something in '09, but no maybe '10? I would really like to see a 'Night glide' or something along those lines, all blacked out little chrome etc.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this..... Just curious if y'all like the black out look as much as I do.

I know if I ever buy a bagger, that will be the way I will go if they make it or not. I probably will not buy another new harley but I will definately buy a used one someday. I love the road kings, so maybe an insurance write off that is fixable or something and I'll build something like that. Of course that will be after the bike for the wife and the bar hopper and the indian restoration and the rolling chassis chopper that I want to build. I wish my wallet could keep up with my imagination, I would have built 10 bikes and 20 cars by now. I keep playing the lottery, and they keep taking my money. Maybe I should start saving the $1 a day and who knows with interest and inflation maybe in 2,345,618 days I'll have the money I need to pull these builds off!!!

I blacked out my last bike, a '03 RG. It looked nice, but I wouldn't do it abaig with a Vivid Black bike. Everything kinda got lost. I think a Street Glide with a simialar shceme as your sporty would be COOL!

Do you have any pics of that '03 RG? I would love to see them.

That was why I put a little chrome on my bike. Just covers and the pipes. I think if it was all black it would be a little too much. The chrome breaks up the black and gives your eye something to focus on sort of. I get a ton of compliments on the bike. There are quite a few nightsters around here and they are basically all the same except for their handlebars. Either stock or black mini apes. Mine really stands out. I had it parked with 2 other nightsters and those guys that owned the other bikes kept taking pics of my bike for inspiration. Made my day! I put on risers, different pipes (not screamin eagle or short shots) the HD motor compay collection of covers (derby, timer, front axle, caliper, grips, swingarm pivot, steering stem bolt and I did the engine fasteners with the same covers also) rear axle cover in chrome too. Now I see the MoCo makes the rear axle cover in black. I was gonna have all the covers powdercoated last winter but I'm glad I didn't now. I think a little chrome goes a long way on a blacked out bike. I think you can go too far with the black. I'm thinking about mini apes in chrome (actually maybe stock road glide bars if they'll work) and I want round mirrors, but I am not gonna $190 for black round mirrors, so I'm gonna get chrome round mirrors somewhere aftermarket for about $60.

Times are pretty tough right now I'm more concentrating on the payments on the bike and the wife's car so the customization is at a standstill for the moment. I'm pretty happy with it now, so i'm not worried about it. I keep hinting to the wife that if she sees santa to tell him I want some chrome mini apes!!!

Back