free website stats program No Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

No Bike

Badgerw

I am ready to trade in my 2009 Sportster for a new bike. Decided on a 2010 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic in Flame Blue Pearl. Much to my surprise I can't find a bike in that color. I live on the west coast of Florida and so far I have not been able to find a dealer that has a bike in that color. Lots of Red Hot-Sunglo & Flame Blue Pearl/Brillant Silver Pearl. Is it usually that hard to find a specific color?

I am ready to trade in my 2009 Sportster for a new bike. Decided on a 2010 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic in Flame Blue Pearl. Much to my surprise I can't find a bike in that color. I live on the west coast of Florida and so far I have not been able to find a dealer that has a bike in that color. Lots of Red Hot-Sunglo & Flame Blue Pearl/Brillant Silver Pearl. Is it usually that hard to find a specific color?

I am of the opinion that in my area Dealers do Dealer trades to find the customer a cycle and color they like, in order to make a sale.

I wanted a certain color in the '09 Softail Deluxe. I wasn't able to buy the cycle until late August after the 2010's had came out and I also had found out the color I wanted was deleted for 2010. Hence I was getting nervous that I might not be able to get what I wanted. However the dealer in my area had what I wanted in an '09 and a happy ending did prevail, as I got what my heart desired.

Check on the dealer trade thingy...that should be a walk in the park on a Sunny day for them.

Take another look at the flame blue/pewter pearl, I just got an 09 ultra in that color and love it. My opinion. Good luck.

I went to a local dealer and was making a deal on the bike on the show room floor, it had the options I wanted, but not the color, I said I would take the deal, but I want it in black pearl. The dealer found the exact same bike in my color for the same deal. They do dealer trades all the time, it worked out good for the dealer too, he had 3 ultra's on the floor and traded one for my SG, the other dealer needed the ultra in the color my dealer had. Let the dealer do the leg work and find the bike you want, if he really wants to make the sale, he'll do what he needs to make it happen. Good Luck

I agree with FLHXTom, with sales down let the dealer know your serious and let them get you the bike in the color you want. Have you tried G'ville harley? Great people and have always gone the extra mile for me.

I agree with everyone else here as i just went through it in july. Decided to move up to a 1200l from my 883l after i totaled my 883l (my own stupidity no one else at fault) . I immediately knew i wanted to move up and what i wanted on it. Like you just wanted the flame blue without the pewter. Told our dealer what i wanted and she found it almost imediately in a town only an hour south of where we live but i couldn't find it anywhere when i looked. Good luck and you will love the color i know i do.

I agree with Sport Lady. With so many HD shops in FL, that color/make is around somehwere. I know Seminole does Dealer to Dealer trades.

Good luck!!

Back