free website stats program No baffle issue | Harley Davidson Forums

No baffle issue

Jeffburke

I got my 09 street bob last oct. and installed Rush 2" slip-ons and stage I filter kit. I took bike back to dealer to have remap done ( as they strongly recommended) Last week I decided to remove the baffles. If I decide to keep baffles out, should I have remap done at dealer? or will O2 sensors compensate for the change. It seems to run fine, just dont want damage. Would appreciate any info.

Keep the baffles, better performance (as tuned) and keeps you in the good graces with your neighboors and local constable(s)...:s

I've got the 2 in Rush and removed the packing from around the baffles. Does this hurt anything? It sounds a little more open. I like it better without the packing.

Shouldn't change the flow much , just noisier because of the packing missing to deaden the sound.

This morning I cut baffles in half, shortened them and welded flanges back on. So now I have half the baffles I had before. Havent put them back in mufflers though, so I dont know what it will sound like. plan on doing it in the morning. Im hoping it will give me just enough back pressure to build torque and still have some good sound. Someone told me running without baffles can cause heads to warp. I dont know how much truth there is to that though.

Good thing I read this. I was thinking about taking out the baffles on my '04 Wide glide. It has Vance and Hines straightshots on it and they sound great, but i'd still like to get a little more sound out of them. I may do a little more research to see if unwrapping the baffle would be the best route or if there is another way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This morning I cut baffles in half, shortened them and welded flanges back on. So now I have half the baffles I had before. Havent put them back in mufflers though, so I dont know what it will sound like. plan on doing it in the morning. Im hoping it will give me just enough back pressure to build torque and still have some good sound. Someone told me running without baffles can cause heads to warp. I dont know how much truth there is to that though.

Let me know how it turns out. I have thought about doing that to mine. My bike hasn't had the baffles in it since I bought it. I have put over 21K on it since I got it and haven't had any problems.

Back