free website stats program No 2010 ROAD GLIDE ? Wrong! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No 2010 ROAD GLIDE ? Wrong!

The Road Glide is the most stable, best handling touring bike Harley makes...exactly where is the misery? And if you're gonna say "in the looks department", then why do you see so many of them in Baggers and other Harley Enthusiast mags?

I had the money to buy any Harley I wanted last August. After reading as many reviews as I could about all the models and renting a few of them, I bought an 09 Road Glide and have never regretted the decision. It's not as flashy as some of the other models but it's rock solid. A lot of people don't like the dual headlights but it gives the bike character and it lights up the road a lot better than the single headlights on the other models, including those with light bars. And the frame mounted fairing is a non-issue. It takes about 5 minutes to get used to the fact that it doesn't move when you turn the front wheel. It's a great bike. No misery here.

The Road Glide is the most stable, best handling touring bike Harley makes...exactly where is the misery? And if you're gonna say "in the looks department", then why do you see so many of them in Baggers and other Harley Enthusiast mags?

I also love the Road Glide! I have had a Street Glide, Road King and an Electra Glide amoung other Harley's and this is my favorite.

Have to agree with you biglew55. My only complaint with my RG is finding a decent looking windshield that actually provides good protection. Still searching...

3 DAYS TO GO !!!! 2010 Road Glide(s!) on HD.com!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you Steve! That fairing is a myth. I got tired of trying $500 worth of windsheilds just to get better protection than the RK I had sold to buy the RG! More stable? I would place that right up there with FB wheels being more prone to crosswinds. It's just subjective! When I changed the fairing on my FLTR to make it a FLHT, I didn't notice ANY difference in stability, but I do remember the huge smile I had while riding it home in comfort(finally)!

And I DO like the looks of the shark nose! That was one of the reasons I bought it!

I see you have a taller than stock windshield on your FLHX. I don't like to look through windshields and found the Klock Werk's 12 inch to work well for me on my RG. You have to admit those little glove boxes in the fairing come in handy :D

... a refreshed fairing design w/ a factory wired (4 spkr) ultra tour pak, and VENTED lowers (c'mon guys, how hard can it be to vent the FLT lowers?) ...... man, when it comes out in Yellow Pearl, I'll push to the front of the line

Last edited:
Can't count how many of you "confirmed" tank slapper riders have swithched to the Roadglide but it's a lot. Ride one for awhile you'll change. I can tell from letters you think the only difference between the FLHT and the FLTR is the Fairing and the looks, man you can't be further from wrong. Like I said, Ride one for awhile. I loved my FLHT but I bought my first FLTR in 2002, I put 78,000 mile on it and bought another one in 2007, it had 18,000 miles on it when I bought my 2009 CVO. I wouldn't go back to a tank slapper unless that was all I could get.

me2 on RoadGlide superiority !!!!!!!!!!! I bought an 07 Sportster, an 08 Softail, an 09 RG. The Sporty was top heavy, the Softy ground the boards around a corner and I didn't like the high speed buzz from the "balanced" engine, the RG with a 4 qt oil tank, Disk brakes, cruise, new wider frame and tires, frame attached faring, vibration free above 1400 rpm engine is the best of the dozen roadies I have owned. Total stock and gonna keep it that way. OOPS - I did change out the seat for an Ultra and the mid-frame air deflectors "seem" to help me and my passenger. If the RG dies, so does HD:bigsmiley18:

I haven't had any real problems either. Didn't like looking through the stock shield so I did swap it for the shorter 10" HD one, but now get a bit more wind than I like. I am thinking about the Klock Werks shield but wonder if it really deflects that much wind with the swept up edge and make a noticable difference? I'm 5' 10" with the stock seat. Anyone else using it at my height? Thanks

A buddy of mine has an 08' RG and has the Clearshield - "don't waste your money" he told me. My HD dealer has a Clockwerks that was returned - didn't work. The wind is coming from under the faring and above faring remedies are a waste of $$$$. Try riding at 63mph - no wind. Gale force at 65mph. My passenger take a bunch of the buffeting off me. Waiting for somebody to make clamp-on fork tube diverters. Might try the kind that comes stock with a Victory OR just be happy at 62mph........anyway, still the best ride I've ever had.

Back