free website stats program NJ Govenor orders flag at half mast for Whitney Houston | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

NJ Govenor orders flag at half mast for Whitney Houston

If she wasn't a star there would only be a byline in the paper stating that a drug addled,drunk had overdosed.
Done deal.

This treating celebrities like heros is just plain wrong. She had a fantastic voice and was a pleasure to listen to, but her drug abuse took her down. Maybe I've missed something, but what had she done to improve or protect other people's lives?

We idolize entertainers far too much in this country. I recall the hoopla when Dale Ernhart (spelling?) died. They were both great ENTERTAINERS, but they were NOT hero's and do not warrant the kind of honors both received. :newsmile047::newsmile047: I did 20 years in the Navy and will do another 20 or more as a Law Enforcement Officer. When I croak, I want last taps blown, and a flag for my family. If I go in the line of duty, my brothers and sisters in uniform at the service would be nice. I expect, and deserve, no more. :58:

For the life of me I will never be able to figure out why people worship these types. Other than a gift for singing, driving, or playing with a ball, what else have they done for humanity? Flags at half staff, I think not! :small3d002:

Okay, I'll kick the soap box to someone else now. :small3d023::small3d023: Daily rant taken care of. Think I'll go tinker in the garage...

For the life of me I will never be able to figure out why people worship these types. Other than a gift for singing, driving, or playing with a ball, what else have they done for humanity? Flags at half staff, I think not! :small3d002:

Okay, I'll kick the soap box to someone else now. :small3d023::small3d023: Daily rant taken care of. Think I'll go tinker in the garage...

Just look at the type of people that worship them, That will answer the Question.

We idolize entertainers far too much in this country. I recall the hoopla when Dale Ernhart (spelling?) died. They were both great ENTERTAINERS, but they were NOT hero's and do not warrant the kind of honors both received. :newsmile047::newsmile047: I did 20 years in the Navy and will do another 20 or more as a Law Enforcement Officer. When I croak, I want last taps blown, and a flag for my family. If I go in the line of duty, my brothers and sisters in uniform at the service would be nice. I expect, and deserve, no more. :58:

Well said. Might I just add one more thought about 'stars' ..They're just good at what they do.. Most all the 'regular' people are also good at what we/they do for a living. We all just go about our life doing what we do with no fanfare.

To make matters more ironic..... here in MASS a few years ago they named the new tunnel going under Boston the Ted Williams Tunnel and many of the hippie liberals flipped out about it.....why name a tunnel after a sports figure they ranted!!! They sure proved they know little about history and the reality of certain REAL heros......They only looked at Ted Williams as a sports figure and not the fact that he left the game TWO times for the call of duty in WWII and Korea! I see Ted as more of a hero becaue he chose NOT to play ball when his country needed him!

Well I offer my respect to Mrs Houston and her family at this time. However I also agree that govenor made a mistake in judgements on that one.

If I may, I want to share an email I received from an exMarine friend of mine.

attachment.php

Attachments

• WhitneyWho.jpg
    WhitneyWho.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 57
Well I offer my respect to Mrs Houston and her family at this time. However I also agree that govenor made a mistake in judgements on that one.

If I may, I want to share an email I received from an exMarine friend of mine.

attachment.php

RWB, Your email says it all...Thanks for sharing...:s

What kills me in all of this is how the media treats celebrities with such admiration. What other profession could immerse itself in such behavior as blatant drug abuse and alcohol use and still be held in such high regard ? Imagine what they would say if anyone other than a celebrity did what she did. Would it be the same kind of coverage...?
What a world.

Back