free website stats program Nightster seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster seat

On long trips my wife's butt get soar (I sear there is no padding in that seat). See is 5'4", 115lbs and really likes the seat hight of the bike. I'm looking at buying her a new seat. Mustange vintage solo is aprox $200.00 and the Corbin classic solo is $400.00 - is the Corbin really worth the extra $200.00? Is there something better than these two?
THXS GG

Wife has 09 Nightster and changed hers for the Sundowner seat,lot better for longer journey..got it from local HD

My wife likes the Le Pera seats. She had one on her Nightster and now on her Street Bob. They normally sell for under under $200.00 and thier gel seats for about $230.00.

Gravel-Gordon, might try the sheepskin-gel pad by www.amspecialtiesusa.com/

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

Pillion pad 11"x7" p/n 18000 which adds a bit of cushioning with easy on vinyl covered metal clips. I got a rider pad 12"x12" p/n 18005 more for protecting my leather seat cover, but it does add comfort and 3/4" height. They run about $80 to $100, but the HD dealer had them in stock and took advantage of coupon week specials for 20% discount.

On long trips my wife's butt get soar (I sear there is no padding in that seat). See is 5'4", 115lbs and really likes the seat hight of the bike. I'm looking at buying her a new seat. Mustange vintage solo is aprox $200.00 and the Corbin classic solo is $400.00 - is the Corbin really worth the extra $200.00? Is there something better than these two?
THXS GG

I had the Mustang Wide Vintage Solo and pillion on my 07 Nightster for over a year. It was comfortable to me. It does have a similar seated height, but it does move you back a couple of inches. You may need to adjust her bars.

Pictures in this thread>>>> Pics of Sportsters with saddlebags - Harley Davidson Community

I have the badlander seat that I use for long trips on my Nightster - doesn't look nearly as nice as the solo, but tons more comfortable.

g-g; anything's better than the stock seat - especially on the Sportster class. Can't speak for Corbin, but my Mustang seat on the Sporty was a HUGE improvement. Another option is Smitty's recomendation (MeanCity Mod) which would be a fraction of new. I've looked at the Drag Specialties seats too b/c they're reasonably priced, but like to "try before I buy" w/seats b/c I want to be sure before dropping huge ca$h into anything.

If you're limited on funds - go w/the Mustang, or MeanCity options...if not, best to see if you can get to one of the large biker events & maybe test some spendier seats. Good Luck!

Back