free website stats program Nightster rallyrunner seat problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster rallyrunner seat problems

pokey29point5

Has anyone had, or know of anyone having problems mounting a rallyrunner seat on an 09 nightster?

I can get it mounted just fine, but as soon as I go out riding the seat shifts rearward and the tongue on the front slips out and the front slides side to side and will even lift up. The furthest I've made it is about 25 miles before this happens, and if I get on the gas, it will happen immediately. My local dealer doesn't seem to think this is a problem, but I don't think that getting off the bike to re-attach the seat every twenty five miles is acceptable.

To my knowledge all the parts are properly fitted.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I've had it back to the dealer, all they do is put the seat back on (just as I would) and tell me that nothing's wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Badlander seat on my Nightster and do not have any problems (other than it's not the most comfortable).

Is your Rallyrunner seat under the tab in fron, connected at the post in the middle and retained with the screw in the rear?

The tab is in the proper place under the tank, the whole seat shifts towards the back and it slips out after only a short while. It's almost as if the tab isn't long enough.

Back