free website stats program Nightster Forward Controls ?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster Forward Controls ??

Camsta

Hi Guys,

I'm currently on the hunt for some forward controls for my '08 Nightster.
:NEWZEALAND I'm in NZ where parts $$ are horrendous ... so scouring US sites for a sharp price !!

While I've seen a few nice looking (and expensive) stainless and chrome kits - I'm convinced it's the black painted kit that would suit the bike best.

The genuine HD kit goes for around USD$400, but would prefer to shell out nearer USD$300 <hears laughing!!>

My Question(s) are:

1. Are there any brands I should specifically stay away from ?
I really just want to know which brands have a bad rep for quality, customer service, value etc. :20:

2. Do I need to consider any other mods for the installation to go without a hitch ? :dknow

3. Are there any other considerations I should take into account before hitting the 'Buy Now' on a set in the US ??

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Cam

i looked for some after market ones for my bike but in the end went with the black H.D. jobbies.
as Hobbit said the HD stuff always fits without any problem.

I bought the HD chrome since the blackness is hard to come by. but...I used black truck bedliner paint and it gave me a nice look. Also made it nice and non-slip on my boots.
If your looking aftermarket, make sure you get pipe clearance from the brackets.

I bought the HD chrome since the blackness is hard to come by. but...I used black truck bedliner paint and it gave me a nice look. Also made it nice and non-slip on my boots.
If your looking aftermarket, make sure you get pipe clearance from the brackets.
Thanks guys

I kinda had a feeling genuine HD was the way to go here.

I've currently got my eye on this 'genuine' set on ebay

8ee1_1.JPG

I'm thinking USD$330.00 is a pretty sharp price (??)
( I can get em to NZ for USD$65 )

Thanks guys,

I kinda suspected genuine HD was the way to go here.

I'm currently watching the set below on ebay.
8ee1_1.JPG

I'm thinking USD$330 is a pretty sharp price for a 'genuine' black set (??)
It'll cost me USD$65 to get em to NZ but !!

Thanks again for your comments ; )

Thanks guys

Appreciate the feedback.
I kinda suspected genuine HD was the way to go here.

They're wanting $812.58 for them down my neck of the woods !!!

So I've got my eye on this 'genuine HD' set currently on ebay ...
8ee1_1.JPG

I'm thinking USD$330 is a pretty sharp price for HD controls (http://www.hdtimeline.com/images/custom/eam.gif ??)
... given it'll cost me another USD$65 to get em to NZ

Whaddayarekon ??

Cheers

Cam

Back