free website stats program Nightster Bars | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster Bars

i wanted to ask about that springer seat. how is it and did you have to buy or fab a cover for the cut out on the fender?

The electrics are bolted to the bottom of the seat. The seat is actually sat on 2 bars welded to the frame and 2 dummy springs attached. I didn't want it too springy.
We fabricated a small peice to cover the hole and had it powdercoated then bolted on.Looks good but in the winter i will take the fender off and get it filled, i might get a small bit of artwork done while it's off. Allin all i'm very pleased with the bike.

I Like It, Looks Good.
Im Want To Change Mine Out From The Stock Seat, I Was Looking At The Brawler Seat.

But I Like What You Did With The Springer

I Was Thinking About Chopping The Fender 3" And Having The Cut Out Filled And Repaint The Fender, If I Do That I Think I Might Go With The Springer.

Looks Great... Good Job

Last edited:
If you find anything out on this let me know. I was in an accident and my oem nightster bars are messed up. If anything let me know if you want to sell your oems.
thanks

I have a friend who went with the HD mini apes, and it looks great. I have seen about a dozen set up like that. Google it, and I'm sure you'll find plenty image results.

Dude,
Your ride is awesome! How hard was it to install your solo seat? I want to do the same to mine '08, but I'm stumped on where to put the ECM, and how to cover those holes, and that gully in the rear fender. Any insight on this would be helpful.
P.S.
I just read the posts before mine. ( OK, OK, I'm new to this forum stuff ), After reading, I now know how you did the seat. Kool. As far as handlebars, I'm going with Mini Apes from HD.

Last edited:
Finished job with the Apes and forward controls, I find it a much better ride now. The only thing to remember is that when you pull away fast you sometimes pull on the bars and the leverage where they are so long can move them a bit. So when they are first put on you should take the wrench/allen key with you.

74161596.png

46797056.png

Tell me more Hobbit ! I find it quite stiff as it is with our bumpy roads. I think the only other thing I want to do is maybe go the American way and have a side mounted plate but I think the law is getting tough on them around here.

Pete - You have Hagon and we have Progressive Suspension on this side of the pond. If you liked the change to the mini apes, (I have them as well) you will simply love putting a proper suspension under the bike as well. Seems that HD makes a pretty nice product, but they go cheap on Shocks and fork components. I also changed my fork springs to Progressive and the result feels like a completely different mototcycle.

Jake

Pete - You have Hagon and we have Progressive Suspension on this side of the pond. If you liked the change to the mini apes, (I have them as well) you will simply love putting a proper suspension under the bike as well. Seems that HD makes a pretty nice product, but they go cheap on Shocks and fork components. I also changed my fork springs to Progressive and the result feels like a completely different mototcycle.

Jake

Thanks Jake, I might try changing them later but I think I've done enough for now. It'll be good just to use it for a while without working on it !! Happy riding.

Back