free website stats program Nightster Bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster Bars

Has anybody changed the Bars on their Nightster ? I am thinking of either straight drag bars with a Riser or even the Old Fashion curved bars that bend in. I would appreciate any ideas or photos of what you've done.

p1000105jr2.jpg

20080803parkmayflower00uo8.jpg

p1000111dp5.jpg

hd do black mini apes for the 1200N delawarenightsterguy fitted those and is in the process of fitting clubman clip ons as he is going Cafe racer style
drag bars will fit with a riser

Any more ideas from anybody ? I might just go for the Mini Apes because they do look good.

Any more ideas from anybody ? I might just go for the Mini Apes because they do look good.

I put on 4" risers a while back. I ended up putting a tool bag between the speedo and the brow over the headlight.

I am thinking about switching my bars eventually. I'm not sure what I'll go with definately not drag bars and probably not mini apes. I haven't seen anything that really strikes me yet....

You are going to have to tweak your brake line or change it to a braided version. I got mine from Dennis Kirk in the black braided line. It is long enough to put on taller bars if I want to. I did have to re-route the wiring slightly, no big deal.

Completely off the subject, I have to go in the garage and do some wrenching of the miserable variety. I had to replace the clutch in my S-10 pickup, the flywheel is on it's way back from the machine shop and I get to wrestle the darn tranny back into it's home. So I am exactly half way done. My dad and I keep arguing the idea that GM designed the truck to have the tranny removed like this, you know on your back with a trouble light in your garage. He says the engineers design them to be taken apart piece by piece. I beg to differ as it is really tight under that little pickup. Oh well it's been fun father son banter laughing and swearing (mostly swearing) a couple of flesh wounds to this point (slippery mag-lite) but I should be done sometime this evening......... I have a one car garage and my two buddies park their bikes here, so the three bikes have been sitting in the driveway thank goodness no rain, but I woke up this morning and a bird pooped all over the seat of my nightster. I think I'm cutting the tree down every time I park anything under that tree it gets pooped on. Maybe the birds that live in the tree get mad when I wake them up with the bike so they are getting their revenge?!?! :(

I've Bitten the bullet and gone for Mini Apes. I tried them out and they are brilliant. They make the ride much better. I will take some photos this Weekend and post them. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

i used drag bars without risers

Attachments

• 07-26-08_1206.jpg
    07-26-08_1206.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 799
  • 07-26-08_1203.jpg
    07-26-08_1203.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 799
  • 07-26-08_1204.jpg
    07-26-08_1204.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 732
  • 07-26-08_1205.jpg
    07-26-08_1205.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 840
not at all. i went with the mini apes at first, then i got the drags. i sit better with the drags, im 5'9" and still have the mid controls.

i have a street bob with apes and forward controls and im thinking adout changing them to drags.

i just like the way they look and feel than the apes. my oem bars on the nightster , my hand where to far apart so i lean to far. but with the new ones my hands ar closer and it keeps my sholders back.

not at all. i went with the mini apes at first, then i got the drags. i sit better with the drags, im 5'9" and still have the mid controls.

i have a street bob with apes and forward controls and im thinking adout changing them to drags.

i just like the way they look and feel than the apes. my oem bars on the nightster , my hand where to far apart so i lean to far. but with the new ones my hands ar closer and it keeps my sholders back.

They do look good but I think they would have me bent double as I have forward controls as well as only being 5'4''

i wanted to ask about that springer seat. how is it and did you have to buy or fab a cover for the cut out on the fender?

Last edited:
Back