free website stats program Night Train 2007 idle | Harley Davidson Forums

Night Train 2007 idle

Rolf

Hi all,
This is my first post on your forum. I have a question about the idle of my 2007 night train. I want to reduce the idle. Is it done by the screw (on the throttlebody) or by software-changes? The bike has a Forcewinder intake en TFI box. I removed the intake and exhaust valves.

Rolf
The Netherlands

Hi all,
This is my first post on your forum. I have a question about the idle of my 2007 night train. I want to reduce the idle. Is it done by the screw (on the throttlebody) or by software-changes? The bike has a Forcewinder intake en TFI box. I removed the intake and exhaust valves.

Rolf
The Netherlands

Don't try adjusting the idle with that set screw you mentioned on the throttle body.
It also will change the TPS settings and throw things off for the ECM. That is a change the dealer has to make to the stock ECM with the digital tech they have. It's done electronically.
Even if you did remove the plug covering the screw and readjust it, the ECM will return the idle speed to where it has been set prior to doing this and all you accomplished is to change the TPS settings by changing the throttle shaft position which isn't a good thing to do.

Could you explain what you meant by removing the intake and exhaust valves?

Glider,
Thank you for the advise. I will contact the dealer to adjust the idle. Do you know the standard idle RPM, and how low can you go?
About your question what I did with the intake and exhaust valves. Well when I removed the original aircleaner for the Forcewinder, I placed a resistor to avoid a dashboard-failure. For the exhaust-valve I used brutal force to hammer the round valve of the rotating axle. So the thin axle now rotates normal without the valve. Behind the valve there is a sort of open muffler. The other muffler is very quiet. This one I replaced for a 2hand (never used) open muffler. Then I drilled a hole in the backplate op each muffler. It is now a nice sound. I think that when you drill a hole in both of the catalysators the sound will be metallic, because I heard that they filter the high sounds.

The standard idle is between 950-1050 rpm's. It's not advisable to lower it any for a couple of reasons.

Back