free website stats program Night Rod a little faster | Harley Davidson Forums

Night Rod a little faster

hkhajah

I have a 2008 night rod, super trapp muflers with k&n filter and a power commander, its nice and fast. I have 3 friends i ride out with with the same bike but thier bikes are faster, just a little bit, i think its because of the wight. I just wonder if there is a way to make the night rod a little faster without playing with the engine. Thanks:newsmile107:

I have a 2008 night rod, super trapp muflers with k&n filter and a power commander, its nice and fast. I have 3 friends i ride out with with the same bike but thier bikes are faster, just a little bit, i think its because of the wight. I just wonder if there is a way to make the night rod a little faster without playing with the engine. Thanks:newsmile107:

100lb rider

Have you had the bike dyno tuned or are you using downloaded maps from the web?Custom maps are always the way to achieve the best from your combination.

hey guys im sorry for the late reply, i work in the airlines and was away for 2 days in Genieva.
The difference in wieght between me and my friend is 20kg , i need more horse power for top end, but i dont want to loose the torque.
My bike was dyno tested and yes it is faster than before... its just that i need that little horse power to pass my friends....
Thanks guys

it has been my expierience that power isn'teverything. it depends how you ride it! my dad wieghs 120 lbs more than me and has a smaller motor but some days he can get me. usually when i'm not paying attention.haha

lool yeah i know , its just that i have tried everyhing with these guys and now i think they definatliy did something to the bike, now way they can go that much faster than me...

Well im looking for 10 to 20 horsepower....
I keep thinking about the message you posted earlier regarding the pulley, would it also have a high top end, you wrote that a smaller pulley would give a stronger acceleration.... that sounds interesting , you think the top end would be the same..... ?

with pully change you would lose some top end .. as it would rev out faster as the gear ratio would be different .. more accel = less top end and more top end= less bottom

ok thanks, just one more thing... what about the cams ? on my electra glide it was realy simple, i just removed the cams with out opening the whole engine... is it as easier ? and if so what cams should i put for the stock engine 2008 night rod ? Thanks for your help...

I cant really answer that question as i dont know.. but with the Vrod overhead cams i would think you could swap them out with out opening up the bottom end depending on how they are timed .. an how Harley set it up so you can see the drank timing mark and the cam timing marks..

Better get the service manual

Back