free website stats program Nice Ride....but | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nice Ride....but

Sort of similar symptoms occurred with me and my 2009 FXDF. After being stranded with all the crazy stuff you described and then being towed by HOG to a dealer, the dealer pronounced it as a loose battery cable. They tightened the cable, put a charge on the batt, then sent me on my way. Two days later, same thing. It's too long a story to explain how I came to replace the battery, but suffice to say I did, which was THE solution. I can't explain why yours would fail 78 miles into it. And I'm not sure what I did to "ruin" my battery [I did deep-discharge on two occasions -- maybe that plus riding 1000 miles with a loose cable did the trick], but the proof is in the solution.

I can't explain why yours would fail 78 miles into it. And I'm not sure what I did to "ruin" my battery [I did deep-discharge on two occasions -- maybe that plus riding 1000 miles with a loose cable did the trick], but the proof is in the solution.

Evidently, from what was explained to me, the initial issue was that the Voltage Regulator was no good, which caused the the battery to lose its charge. The Service Manager said that the battery should have been changed when they installed the new regulator.

Back