free website stats program Nice Ride....but | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Nice Ride....but

Ok, so no codes came up and since the lights were going out I figured it was ok. I started out for a ride to the leather store and sure enough, about 12 miles into it the check engine light, the battery light and the ignition key light all came on, then my speedo started to swing from one end to the other. I pulled into a gas station and as I was slowing, the bike was popping and backfiring really good. Once I came to a stop and put it in neutral I noticed it was idiling higher than normal. I shut it down, tried to resart it and it wouldnt fire, it would crank, kinda weak, but couldnt get it to start. I called the dealership, and the service department reccomended that I check the battery cables, they were tight, so they routed their driver out to me with the trailer, picked up the bike and I should here something back from them on Tuesday. the bike has a whopping 78 miles on it!! I will let you know what they find.

Hopefully it is somethng simple...I personaly know the anger you felt, with just putting out how much $$
Let us know what they find..

With all that action going on, I think you deserved at least 1 code. :p

I didnt check for the codes before the dude loaded the bike in the trailer. I probably should have, but I am hoping that the service center out here gets it all squared away. They have a great reputation and I have been very leased witht eh customer service that they have provided us so far. Definetly one of the good ones.

Ok, so the verdict is in. The voltage regulator is bad. They ordered one, it should come in tomorrow afternoon and they have agreed to deliver my bike to my house for me on Saturday. Good deal as the weather report shows rain tomorrow through Friday afternoon anyway.

:bigsmiley29:

Ok, so after riding for a bit, the bike started to surge or pulsate when trying to hold speed. Then I noticed the speedo started to drop out again. I called the dealership and they made an appointment to bring the bike back in on Thursday and work on it Friday and try to figure out what is going on with it.

I did run the On Board Diagnostic Sweep Test adn got these 5 codes:

P0562, S61121, S61122, SP61006, SP61007

The last two places read "no RSP"

Hope they can get this nailed for you, Best of Luck:s

Thanks Jack, I talked to the service manager this afternoon. Figured that would be best considering the just delivered the bike back to the house today. The battery is dead, I am thinking that they missed something with the charging system. He told me that they were supposed to have changed the battery when they changed the Voltage Regulator, but they didnt. He apologized and then told me that they will come pick up the bike first thing Thursday morning and that they would have it delivered back to me that evening. I did look up the codes and the first one, P0562, translates to Low Battery Voltage. The man told me that the speedo may be bad as well and they will run a complete diagnostic check when they get the bike.

Thanks Jack, I talked to the service manager this afternoon. Figured that would be best considering the just delivered the bike back to the house today. The battery is dead, I am thinking that they missed something with the charging system. He told me that they were supposed to have changed the battery when they changed the Voltage Regulator, but they didnt. He apologized and then told me that they will come pick up the bike first thing Thursday morning and that they would have it delivered back to me that evening. I did look up the codes and the first one, P0562, translates to Low Battery Voltage. The man told me that the speedo may be bad as well and they will run a complete diagnostic check when they get the bike.

Nothing worse than a dead horse, keep us up on the progress, Jack:s

The bike is under warranty do not mess with it take it to dealer they will take care of it.
Sounds like it could be a lose connection or a pinched wire.

Im with you Smitty, just hit 127 miles on this bike. Closest thing to maintenance I am doing is dialing the phone. The service department and I are getting much closer.

Back