free website stats program Nice and dry in the uk for once | Harley Davidson Forums

Nice and dry in the uk for once

STARY

Account Removed
Very cold but nice and dry,managed to get out for about an hour this morning,just nice to get on it.Although it nearly started out a disaster,my neighbour was looking at my bike yesterday,and sat on it,little did I know he'd click it into first gear,so when I was stood at the side of the bike this morning and pushed the starter it moved forward,luckily it was only about 4 inches from the wall so it stopped it being an expensive morning.I'm surprised they don't have a clutch pull in safety start on HD's.

Very cold but nice and dry,managed to get out for about an hour this morning,just nice to get on it.Although it nearly started out a disaster,my neighbour was looking at my bike yesterday,and sat on it,little did I know he'd click it into first gear,so when I was stood at the side of the bike this morning and pushed the starter it moved forward,luckily it was only about 4 inches from the wall so it stopped it being an expensive morning.I'm surprised they don't have a clutch pull in safety start on HD's.

I never hit the start button until I make sure the N light is on and I always hold the clutch lever in while starting just to make sure. This is the way they taught it in my riding class.

I think we.ve had you weather for the last week. This past Sunday was the only day without heavy fog all day long since Monday of last week

I used to make certain that the light was on before I started her up without holding the clutch in but then I read Gliders reply in regards to that. He said all that did was tell you your light works! Made sense to me so now I don't chance it and squeeze the clutch just to be sure!:small3d023:

Like Horizonchaser, I also verify the light is on AND pull in the clutch...as my 2004 does not have the safety interlock for clutch switch, side stand or in gear tranny gear (it was a basic electronics diode logic exercise metrics had since the 70's...kinda sad it took so long for HD to take a simple design hint. Police and Service Bikes got the feature first, the baggers later...2005 or so I think.

shame the weather didn't hold out for one more day, i took my bike for its 5000 mile service this morning & it was bouncing down all the way from Bradford to Leeds & it was very foggy too.

The snow gates were closed on some roads around here some of the ski slopes are closed due to you cant get there cos the roads are closed too much snow makes a change from not enough

Brian

Back