free website stats program Next Summers Cross Country trip | Harley Davidson Forums

Next Summers Cross Country trip

Wendy

Is anyone interested in a cross country trip out to California next summer??
My husband and I are planning a cross country trip next summer from Wilkes-Barre area to Carlsbad California. I really would like to have someone to ride with, anyone interested?
We have never done this before. We would like to take 5 weeks to do it, so we won't be rushed and can stop and take in a lot of sites.

We're talking about going out west but only as far as Utah...and lots of stops along the way..Colo, New Mexico, Ariz. and point in between. Leaving from St. Louis..Talking about the month of Aug.coz we want to be in Kanab Utah for western week.

We are thinking about end of June beginning of July. We will be stopping a lot also.
What is western week all about??

All I can say is, I really admire people who can plan so far ahead. Have you roughed out a route yet? Going due west or maybe swinging south first? If you're coming down through Georgia or even NC/TN I could do a short stretch with you, schedule permitting. Keep everyone updated!

We are thinking about end of June beginning of July. We will be stopping a lot also.
What is western week all about??

2008 Western Legends Roundup Great fun..special if ya like Western Movies...probably more movies were filmed here than any other place in the US...also very close to 3 very exciting destinations...North Rim of the Grand Canyon...84 miles. Zion National Forest...around 40 miles....Bryce Canyon...around 60 miles...Also you would be very suprised to see what movies and t.v. shows were filmed here. If your a animal lover it has the Worlds largest no kill shelter called "Best Friends"....Also its 'bout 3 hours from Las Vegas...Riding distance to some of the most beautiful rides in the country.
Information on Tourist Destinations near Kanab, Utah
Scenic Drives near Kanab, Utah
Best Friends Animal Society Home Page

Before last year when we found this town I'd never heard of this place...but since our first visit we fell in love with it...We were traveling from Durango Colo...just looking for some place to spend a night...we ended up staying a week and now we can not wait to share this with a few of our closest friends which if the good Lord willin and the Creeks don't rise we're gonna show em next year on the Harleys...:D

Keep us posted on your arrival at Carlsbad, CA as that is only one small ride away from my town. Your invited to ride with Bigg's HOG. Lots of great rides in the area.

Probably not heading South first, Sorry! But not exactly sure which route yet, possibly Route 50.

Sounds Great we may check this out!!!! Thanks for the info.

Keep us posted on your arrival at Carlsbad, CA as that is only one small ride away from my town. Your invited to ride with Bigg's HOG. Lots of great rides in the area.
Thanks, we may look you up when we get there.
You don't know June or Jerry Stevens do you??

Last edited by a moderator:
2008 Western Legends Roundup Great fun..special if ya like Western Movies...probably more movies were filmed here than any other place in the US...also very close to 3 very exciting destinations...North Rim of the Grand Canyon...84 miles. Zion National Forest...around 40 miles....Bryce Canyon...around 60 miles...Also you would be very suprised to see what movies and t.v. shows were filmed here. If your a animal lover it has the Worlds largest no kill shelter called "Best Friends"....Also its 'bout 3 hours from Las Vegas...Riding distance to some of the most beautiful rides in the country.
Information on Tourist Destinations near Kanab, Utah
Scenic Drives near Kanab, Utah
Best Friends Animal Society Home Page

Before last year when we found this town I'd never heard of this place...but since our first visit we fell in love with it...We were traveling from Durango Colo...just looking for some place to spend a night...we ended up staying a week and now we can not wait to share this with a few of our closest friends which if the good Lord willin and the Creeks don't rise we're gonna show em next year on the Harleys...:D
Thanks we may check this out.

All I can say is, I really admire people who can plan so far ahead. Have you roughed out a route yet? Going due west or maybe swinging south first? If you're coming down through Georgia or even NC/TN I could do a short stretch with you, schedule permitting. Keep everyone updated!
No definite route planned out yet but thinking about Route 50. We are going due West.

Back