free website stats program News for Florida folks | Harley Davidson Forums

News for Florida folks

R_W_B

OMG if you live in Florida I know you're gonna hate to hear this.

My wife came in and said she just saw some love bugs. I can't see them myself since I pulled a ligament in the back of left knee and can't get around except with a walker LOL, giving me training for gettin old I suspect.

This is early from my experience with these smelly annoyances. They don't usually start till March. Anyhow they can make a PGR ride a smelly mess, and make your windshield so messed up you can harley see out it. Hope they get done and gone quick.

For those of you new to Florida best thing to clean them off is to spray some water on them and soften them up a bit and then rub the area with a dryer lint cloth. Do it as quickly as possible since their residue will eat paint. Some good polish applied prior to being blasted with these critters helps in removal. These things come twice a year here, once in spring and once in fall. They stay anywhere from a month to 7 weeks or so.

Dang if they are down by you means it won't be long untill they are up here in north Fl.

I thought I saw one on US1 over the weekend and talked myself out of it. Should have known better.

I have been lucky the last couple years,heading to Florida in late Feb.and leaving mid March.They haven't been out.Doesn't look like I will be as lucky this year.

Steve07 I can't speak for the others but I will be out as much as possible trying to kill as many as I can.

I went to Flo many years ago and there was this frog thing everyday all over especially near the canals in Ft Lauderdale. I think the frog thing happened in the early evening. Also there was a 15 minute rain most every day....Do these phenomenons still happen????

Steve07 I can't speak for the others but I will be out as much as possible trying to kill as many as I can.

Oh yeah, plow'em down! If it wasn't for the four letter word "work". I would hurt the population.

I went to Flo many years ago and there was this frog thing everyday all over especially near the canals in Ft Lauderdale. I think the frog thing happened in the early evening. Also there was a 15 minute rain most every day....Do these phenomenons still happen????

Unaware of the frog thing. Rain showers just don't happen like they used too, IMO. I'm sure Al Gore could explain it........:D

Yeppers, saw a few around last weekend hopefully if they came in early they will be gone early

Back