free website stats program Newer type belts | Harley Davidson Forums

Newer type belts

madlee

Hi, the newer bikes have narrower drive belts, yet produce more power. Is the later belt any stronger.I know they offer more clearance for a wider tyre etc, wondered if anyone had tried the later belt and pulleys on an earlier bike.

the new belt is supposed to be even stronger they are using carbon fiber in it now supposedly

Chopper;
Thanks for the belt info.

Dumb question, do the bikes (09 RK) still have the clutch switch? So far, knock wood, I haven't tried to start her w/o the clutch pulled in but I have released it a few times in gear. Dumb, I know. I've always had the brake on so it gives a little jerk and then dies. Good thing I have my helmet on when I slap my forehead, DOH!

Yes they do Larry, nice thing is if you stall out taking off from a light and some idiot behind you is blowing his horn, you don't have to fiddle around trying to find neutral, just pull in the clutch, hit the start button and your good to go.

Cool, that's only happened once so far and it started right up and I don't think I had it in neutral. I didn't even catch that. Thanks Chopper!

I think the biggest factor would be LOOSE GRAVEL, nothing kills a belt like a rock puncture on the edge.

Thank you chopper, there obviously getting developed like everything else, even triumph have gone belt drive on there big thunderbird. After looking at the newer bikes my drive belt looks wide LOL.

Back