free website stats program Newby with 2010 Wide Glide seat Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Newby with 2010 Wide Glide seat Question

Kenty

Hello,

I am wondering if any 2010 Wide Glide owners could clue me in on what retains the front part of your pillion seat? I have just chance bought a pillion seat of E-Bay and am hoping to fit it to my Street Bob. I am presuming that there is some kind of slide on retainer/bolt that holds down the back of the riders saddle which the front of the pillion pad slots on to?

Kind Regards

Kenty

Hello,

I am wondering if any 2010 Wide Glide owners could clue me in on what retains the front part of your pillion seat? I have just chance bought a pillion seat of E-Bay and am hoping to fit it to my Street Bob. I am presuming that there is some kind of slide on retainer/bolt that holds down the back of the riders saddle which the front of the pillion pad slots on to?

Kind Regards

Kenty

Pretty sure the passenger seat will bolt on @ the rear of the front seat bolt, the rear of the passenger seat will need a well nut from HD, it goes in the hole in the fender covered with a small black plastic plug, You can fish the well nut up thru the fender with a cable tie after securing it the cable tie can just slip out, hope this helps, Capital Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack,
I have already fitted a well nut as i also have a Motherwell rack that i would like to swap out for the seat when the need arises. I have found out since posting that i need a different retaining screw for the back of the riders seat that the pillion pad clips into as my Streetbob's seat is retained via a pozzy screw. More trinkets to buy!

Kind regards

Kenty

Welcome to the HDTimeline forum Kenty, good to hear you getting things sorted. When you get a few more posts in make sure you post some pics, always good to hear how things went and results of that "personal" touch.:D

Back