free website stats program Newby Question About Stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Newby Question About Stage 1

dhellyer

My 2008 FXDC is going in to a local Indy shop for the 1000 mile service.
While it's there I would like to get the complete stage 1. When I bought my bike I had the dealer add SE slipons. What else needs to be done for the stage 1 upgrade?

David

Thanks for the reply. Is the Arlen Ness Big Sucker the type of air filter you are reffering to? Instead of buying a SERT or PCIII can the shop reprogram the ECM?

Thanks for clearing that up. I going to search around and see what a SERT costs and go from there.

David

The SERT will usually run about $450 but then consider the cost of the dyno time to set it up and finding a competent tuner to do it.:s

All in all, you're probably looking at between$750-$900 going this route.

Is there a less expensive route?

I prefer the TFI myself for these reasons, plug and play and it gets the job done with minimum fuss and no maps to play with. It's hard for me to justify that kind of additional expense for a finer tune. Many run these bikes as they come from he factory without the additional tuning and have no problems.

http://www.techlusion.com/

Thanks for the help guy's. I did buy a service manual this past weekend because after this first service I plan on doing them myself.

David

Glider, you mentioned you recommend the plug and play. What is the difference between the plug and play and the tap on?

Back