free website stats program Newby looking for advice | Harley Davidson Forums

Newby looking for advice

ffharleyguy

Over the better part of the last 10 years I have made subtle hints to my dad about his 1970 FLH that he has owned since I was about 5 years old. My pop's has gone through dozens upon dozen of Harley's or to think of it, any bike that he could flip and make a buck. The 7DHOG as the license plate reads is the only one to stay with him all these years. The spring of 2012 brought him his 1st grandchild and since then he appears to be going crazy in his old age because he asked me recently if I wanted the bike. It is far from the glory days that I remember and will require some serious work. My question is where to start. I am located in Virginia and it seams all my google search work leads to foreign / custom over the top websites. I want to do a complete rebuild, keep some original, but open to upgrading and some custom work. Any good recommendations for local bike builders?

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

how much did you learn from your dad all these years , him working on those bikes? did you help any? why don't you do it your self ? get him to help you with it ,it would be a blast, plus the two of you get time to share, ( time waits for no man)

Back