free website stats program newbie question Fatboy totalled-resale value | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

newbie question Fatboy totalled-resale value

I just bought a 2007 Night Train up in Yuma with 547 Miles on it for $10,000.
I only looked for a few days on craigs list.
My advice SHOP AROUND the deals are always out there.

The only way to buy anything totaled if price is junk yard or salvage price even if it looks mint, or if you know that you will ride until you ware it out.
Just my thoughts.

well. . investigation continues. The '05 wasnt "totalled" title is clean. .had whole front end ruined and rebuilt by FreedomHarley in canton ohio. He is pretty firm on $12,000.

Makes me nervous about the '94 Softail, its been ridden well, has 46,600 miles. . worried about my lack of mechanical abilities and having to work on it. . vibration, carbed EVO. .but it has tons of custom chrome. . hotrod

Believe me when I say we all know what it's like to absolutly fall for a bike. Emotions run high and it can be almost impossible to walk away. As you probably already know the bike is way overpriced and with the damage, you have to ask yourself if it's worth the risk that everything is repaired correctly. If you just can't walk away at least talk to the Service Mgr at Freedom, see if they gave any warrenty on the work they did. Find out if the frame was checked on a Jig or just eyeballed. Lastly get the price down to something resonable for a damaged bike.

well. He is pretty firm on $12,000. hotrod

I would equally as firm not paying $12,000 for the bike.

There are too many deals too be had in this economy. I had a buddy who had an 07 Road Glide, 103in motor, less than 30,000 miles, who lost his job and at one time was willing to let it go for $11,995. Fortunately for him he ended up getting $14,500 for it. Just be patient.

jmwen; I believe the consensus hasn't changed...even though the front-end was repaired - it's still a "marked" title. DMV has already flagged as re-built so this definitely kills re-sale. Also, why pay top $$$ for this type of bike when you can get a new one for a little more (2011 FatBoy = ~$16K)? JMO...keep looking!

Do not let emotion over rule common sense. You will end up with a decision that will haunt you for a long time and take away the desire to own a Harley and the enjoyment to ride..... The best decision at times of conflict is to make no decision. Keep looking...

While I have only bought new bikes and have about 3 years riding I would agree with the mass and scratch this one off the list.

If you still need some hard proof to help you make up your mind see if your insurance can run a report on the VIN.

There is almost always another gem just around the corner.

- It's easy to get a new girl friend / wife (or both) if she is a lemon but who wants to go through that with a bike :D

I know of a guy on another forum who lives in Orlando,FL that has a 04 fxdi sierra red 13,323 miles 88 cu stage 1 ac/download v/h 2/1 pc3 new tires new battery new brakes lojack for sale $6,500. As I have said there are better deals out there.

I think you have gotten solid advice here on what you should do, But why is the owner selling this great bike ?, Most liky it has the HEX that downed motrcycles carry for life ,but if you do decide to buy this bike no worries I have the power to remove this evil Hex that has hold on this bike.:D

Back