free website stats program newbie question Fatboy totalled-resale value | Harley Davidson Forums

newbie question Fatboy totalled-resale value

jmwen

im lookin at a 2005 Anniversary Fatboy. it was totalled, rebuilt. What does this do to the resale value? It rides like its new so im told. i only looked at it and thought it was in mint shape, but found out today it had been wrecked. Has 8000 miles and wants $12,000 for it. thanks for any input,

jeff

im lookin at a 2005 Anniversary Fatboy. it was totalled, rebuilt. What does this do to the resale value? It rides like its new so im told. i only looked at it and thought it was in mint shape, but found out today it had been wrecked. Has 8000 miles and wants $12,000 for it. thanks for any input,

jeff

If it was totaled you might have trouble getting a title. You would have to have the frame checked for strightness and all the welds inspected. Unless I did the work myself I don't know I would trust anyone else.

What everybody else said and specially not for $12K!

Bodeen

wow. . i really like that bike. I cant find a fatboy in this area for that price. .should i offer less? how much less? or like EVERYONE has already told me. . walk away!!

Appreciate this all,
jeff

In my opinion there are alot better deals to be found out there on non wrecked bikes. I would def walk away theres just to much potential for bad stuff to happen even if all work was done by a good dealer/ repair person. Dont let your eyes fool and overide your head you'll def find another/better bike out there. Good luck

Back