free website stats program newbie needs help | Harley Davidson Forums

newbie needs help

bubba1213

ok so I am looking to ditch the goldwing and get a real bike I went into the harley dealership and saw a very nice looking 2011 limited my question is do they deal at all or pretty much what they say goes the one I want is $26k anythoughts

also is there much difference between the classic and limited ?

Some dealers will deal a bit and others give you bits and pieces and maybe free installation. Doesn't hurt to try him a little, let him know that you are a serious buyer. He most likely doesn't want you G/W and if he takes it he will likely wholesale it to the Honda dealer.
kemo

I accually have the goldwing sold I just dont know what to offer for new bike and is the limited worth the extra money

I would also bet the dealer you go to has a lot to do with it also. When I bought my 2009 the first dealer would not give in nickel. The second dealer was awesome and sliced me a great deal.

If you happen to have a few dealerships you can shop at, they will even get the bike you want from a different dealership.

That's what happen to me. Dealership #1 had the bike I wanted and would not give in a dime. Dealership #2 got the bike from dealer #1 and closed the deal with me.

Go to the Harley website and price out a bike with what you want on it like ABS, 103 motor, security, heated grips, etc. Then look at what the Limited offers as standard. This will give you an idea if the price of the limited is worthwhile to you. For me the Limited had everything I wanted in 2010 so it was worth the money. Good luck!

Yes the Limited is a very good deal. Two tone paint, ABS, heated grips,103" motor, etc. A very nice value package.
kemo

The main difference between the Ultra Classic and the Limited is the 103 motor. Lots of dealers still have some 2010's left on the floor and you could probably get a reasonable deal on a 2010 limited. But, if you really want a 2011 and you want a bit more power than the standard 96 cu in engine, start negotiating with your dealer. Since you don't have a trade and are offering cash, you're in a good bargaining position. ABS and Security are both options on the Ultra but I believe they're standard on the Limited and both are nice to have.

I bought a 2010 Limited and love it.. The 103, heated grips, ABS are worth the extra. Great bike.

The dealer here has 1350.00 off 2010s + no set up. The 2011s you could probably negotiate little wiggle room but this early in the 2011 season I would think not much.

Back