free website stats program Newbie needing some help. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbie needing some help.

Like it was said the center of the lock is possibly a push button.Press down on the center of the lock while pushing down on the chrome cover at the bottom(just below the 6 o clock position)This has worked for me on some of them.

not sure about your locking problem but the fob you have is for alarm it probably does not have a siren option but if you press the fob once it arms then when you press it twice it will disarm it should not start when it is armed. i would guess the lock is maybe broken. sorry for your loss.

on my 05 I turn quarter of turn counter clockwise and pull up. now the alarm is armed when you push the button once and the lights flash twice to disarm hit the button twice and the lights should flash once

Look at your closest dealer. Contact the dealer and ask for a contact to the local HOG chapter. explain your situation and see if someone can come by and offer a bit of assistance. You probably have a simple problem that is simply resolved. If not simply resolved the chapter representative should be able to provide some guidance to the next level of assistance.

First off sorry about your dad and I'm sure that he is looking down and saying how proud he is that you kept his bike... Good for You!!!

I have an 09 RG and the first thing I did was replace the locking cap with the non locking because I have a buddy that had to take his to the dealer and even the dealer couldn't unlock it so they had to drill out the lock and replace. Hopefully it wont come down to that but that may be your only option.... Good Luck!!

Back