free website stats program Newbie install of Exhaust on '13 Super Glide?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbie install of Exhaust on '13 Super Glide??

Scubadivemaster

I've been searching the web and YouTube for DIY vids on installing V&H 2 into 1 Pro pipes on my '13 Super Glide Custom. I'm not much of an auto mechanic, but I can do basic stuff. I managed to install the siren on my bike with no noticeable issues...yet.

Is this a DIY project I can reasonably tackle or should I play it safe and let the dealer install the pipes?

Thoughts?

Welcome to the forum. Installing an exhaust system is a good DIY project. The important part is to test fit everything, then tighten S-l-o-w-l-y. Alternate head pipes, mid support, and muffler support bolts. Don't force anything. With a Dyna, no part of the exhaust can contact the frame, or vibration will be felt. Every part of the exhaust must attach to the motor or transmission. Be sure to use new exhaust gaskets.

I would only add disconnect the battery when you are working on your bike so there are no BIG surprises Good Luck and check back in:s

Back