Newbie install of Exhaust on '13 Super Glide??

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Scubadivemaster, May 6, 2014.

1. Scubadivemaster

Scubadivemaster New Member

I've been searching the web and YouTube for DIY vids on installing V&H 2 into 1 Pro pipes on my '13 Super Glide Custom. I'm not much of an auto mechanic, but I can do basic stuff. I managed to install the siren on my bike with no noticeable issues...yet.

Is this a DIY project I can reasonably tackle or should I play it safe and let the dealer install the pipes?

Thoughts?

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Installing an exhaust system is a good DIY project. The important part is to test fit everything, then tighten S-l-o-w-l-y. Alternate head pipes, mid support, and muffler support bolts. Don't force anything. With a Dyna, no part of the exhaust can contact the frame, or vibration will be felt. Every part of the exhaust must attach to the motor or transmission. Be sure to use new exhaust gaskets.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I would only add disconnect the battery when you are working on your bike so there are no BIG surprises Good Luck and check back in:s

4. r_k_dragon

r_k_dragon Active Member

Welcome to the forum from the southwest desert.

5. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Welcome from So. Texas. Go for the Rose and DIY. Good learning experience.
    tourbox

6. Scubadivemaster

Scubadivemaster New Member

Thanks all. I think I'll give it a try but it will be a few months!