free website stats program Newbie - in the Market ... | Harley Davidson Forums

Newbie - in the Market ...

GRC123

a'ight - new here, so be gentle (lube-up).

Can someone please explain, or alternatively, inform me where I might find a breakdown, on the difference in meaning between "L", "XL", "S", etc., etc., etc. - on Sportster models?

Secondarily, opinions please as to whether or not I should be able to buy a "moderately-accessorized" 1200 (preferably a Nightster ... I think?) in the $8-$10 (MAX) range? Or am I asking too broad of a question here?

Tanks!
Glenn ...

Not sure about the first as I am not all that familiar with the Sportys, but Hobbit should definitely be able to fill you in here. But as for the price, if you are looking used, I see no reason why not, I see them on craigslist all the time around that or less, depends on what you want, mileage wise...

Not sure about the first as I am not all that familiar with the Sportys, but Hobbit should definitely be able to fill you in here. But as for the price, if you are looking used, I see no reason why not, I see them on craigslist all the time around that or less, depends on what you want, mileage wise...

Thanks ...

What I "want" is an `09 ( make it a 2012 model), with -0- miles - for free ... but I'd "settle" for, well, not sure yet ... `07/`08 with real low mileage (under 6000 - MAX).

Thanks again,
Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ...

What I "want" is an `09 ( make it a 2012 model), with -0- miles - for free ... but I'd "settle" for, well, not sure yet ... `07/`08 with real low mileage (under 6000 - MAX).

Thanks again,
Glenn

Amazing how in 30 minutes your "price point" dropped about $3,000! You can formulate a dream bike in your head but unless you're buying new, it may not exist. You've got to do your homework and check Ebay (completed listings reveal reality better than bikes still active), Craig's List, HD Trader, local paper, etc. Then you'll have a much more realistic idea of what's out there for sale and what it'll cost you.

You Might Also Check On The Chopperexchange.com Site. I Found Our Friend An 07 Heritage Softail Classic With 1900 Miles On It For 15,000. Needless To Say It's Hers Now. It Will List Dealer As Well As Individual Sellers. Good Luck.

Amazing how in 30 minutes your "price point" dropped about $3,000! You can formulate a dream bike in your head but unless you're buying new, it may not exist. You've got to do your homework and check Ebay (completed listings reveal reality better than bikes still active), Craig's List, HD Trader, local paper, etc. Then you'll have a much more realistic idea of what's out there for sale and what it'll cost you.

Thank you Doc - good suggestions all - but not sure I follow the; "in 30 minutes your "price point" dropped about $3,000!" - ?

Thank you Doc - good suggestions all - but not sure I follow the; "in 30 minutes your "price point" dropped about $3,000!" - ?

In your original post you stated you were looking for a Nightster in the $8-10,000 range. About 30 minutes later you stated you'd settle for something at $6,000 max. What's not to understand?

In your original post you stated you were looking for a Nightster in the $8-10,000 range. About 30 minutes later you stated you'd settle for something at $6,000 max. What's not to understand?

No sir - I typed - quote: "`07/`08 with real low mileage (under 6000 - MAX)". - I was speaking of mileage at that point of the post. And obviously I was joking about the "free" part.

Thanks again,
Glenn

Back