new years resolutions

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by drake, Dec 28, 2008.

1. drake

drake Senior Member

Hey, was wondering if anyone has made any new years resolutions yet?

2. Ken S.

Ken S. Active Member

Yes. Try to figure out a way to get me a softail custom.

3. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

You have the THAT'S MY RIDE bug Smitty, To heck with New Years go buy it and get some of that Harley stock and the free gas.:D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  4. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

How's this for something original - lose some weight and get in better shape! My wife's a fitness/yoga instructor and she's been putting me to shame lately.

On the motorcycling theme - I really want to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Natchez Trace this year.

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Round is a shape too.:newsmile01:

6. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

Top, I thought you were holding out for the 2010 RG :s

7. SPORTY LADY

SPORTY LADY Active Member

Good Morning Everyone. Hope Everyone Had A Very Merry Christmas And Will Have A Very Safe And Happy New Year. That Being Said. My Husband And I Are Going To Try To Make Some Of Our Local H.o.g. Chapter Meetings This Year. We Have Both Been Members Since We Go His Bike Last January But There Has Always Been Something Going On Everytime We Think We Will Get To One Something Comes Up. They Do A Meet And Eat Every Wednesday Night But We Have Small Groups And Supper At Church On Wednesday Nights. My Goal Is To Ride More Than 10,000 Or At Least Close To 10,000 Miles In The New Year. I Rode Around 6500 Miles From The Time I Got My Bike Licensed At The End Of June To 1st Week Or 2 In November. And We Want To Take A Road Trip When It Gets Warm Enough.

8. SportyHawg

SportyHawg Active Member

I resolve to drive my bike to work as often as I can, and to add at least one piece of chrome this year.

I also resolve to drive by the gym and give the HD wave to the folks I see on the stairclimbers. That would be my standard, two fingers down.

9. walt5162

walt5162 Active Member

To stop trying to quit smoking!
    Maybe it'll work in reverse. If I say I'm not going to quit maybe I will!...

10. docsledge

docsledge Active Member

I hereby resolve to try to stay out of threads where arguing with fence posts seems to be going on.:bigsmiley24:

Get some of Aunt Pat's fruit cake for Glider. (might or might not make it to him)

Get a hitch for the Dyna and a Wag's trailer for trips.

Get Peg to do a Rider's Edge Course. Get her on the old bike for starters.

Add a new bike. Either a 09 Sporty 1200 or a 09 Hyosung GV650se.
    (please don't beat me up about the bike choices)

AND - who knows - maybe get a small car. (car probably won't happen)