free website stats program New Years Day Ride!!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Years Day Ride!!!

9:47a.m. here. Just got back from the first ride of the year. Got outta here and ran through town. People looking at me like I'm some kind of alien or freaK....I think they're on to me.

Here in good old Portland Oregon we have the polar bear run. Three different rides ranging from 3-117 miles.It go's no mater the weather i know only one year it didn't go and we had a silver thaw but a bunch of off roaders tried any way.Today we have sunshine 28 degrees and a east wind 15-35 mph coming down the gorge windchill factor of about 20. They run out of pins at 700 riders it is a ball and the perfect way to start the new year.HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

olbill

I will be.The rain has washed most of the salt away and temp.is supposed to go up to high 40s before it drops tommorow afternoon.Rain or not I'm going for a ride.:)

Steve had it right!
Also managed to get a ride in today; 11*C about 50F, misty, cloudy but a very nice 2 hour ride. :)
Headed West on the 401, South on #6, near Guelph and couldn’t help but wonder if Jayrad883 managed a ride in this weekend on his new Sporster. It’s always nice to support the local Service Clubs of Port Dover, and congratulations on your win. Very Nice ride! Enjoy!

Wife and I went for a 4 hour cruise today around the waterfront!! Love the heated clothing nice and warm(must get a thermostat have red lines on my body, a little hot). it was -4 c so like 24 f. Great way to start 2011,hopefullyit`ll be better than 2010.

All the best to everyone in 2011!!!!
Tubguy:D

12/31 - Rode down to my local dealer and had them drop in a new base map for the SESPT I bought. Only 20 miles as I'm close to the dealer.

1/1/11 - Did 1 recorded run with Smart Tune around town, re-flashed new VE tables into the bike. Wife and I then went on a long ride up to Destination Daytona (J&P Cycles closed on New Years day), then criuised all over (40/19/44/46/Rock Springs, etc..). 200 miles, fun sunny and 74 degrees.

1/2/11 - Did a short ride to get a fill up to see what my mileage was for the day previously with the base map and 1 Smart Tune reflash, averaged 41 MPG. Then did a 2nd recorded ride and ran Smart Tune, reflashed and rode over to see my in-laws. Talked to them for an hour, then came home. Only about 30 miles for the day.

1/3/10 - Today, did a 3rd recorded run at lunch time, around town and then on the highway, ran Smart Tune and reflashed. Gotta get back to work or my boss will wonder why I'm riding instead of working today! :)

Nice fun weekend with nice weather.

Ride safe an dhave fun.

Happy New Year to everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys.. I thought I was posting in the Southeast section and noticed this is in a more colder part of NA. Didnt mean to rub in the sunny and 70+ degree weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back