New windshield

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Billbo, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Just for what the information is worth to all here ..... I just put on a new Memphis Shades tinted windshield on my 2001 Heritage. I used all existing hardware and was just the replacement 'glass' only. Ordered it from the HD Dealer and came in about 5 days. It was only $115 and fit perfectly -- all holes lined up perfectly and I am safisfied. I have the quick disconnects and it all went back on with NO problems. Thanks for the suggestions here on THE Forum.

Bill

2. ImaRider

ImaRider Active Member

Glad everything worked out for you. Been thinking of getting one of those recurve replacement windshields from Clearview before Spring.

3. Dean2009

Dean2009 Member

Billbo: How did you measure that Memphis Shade up?My Road King has a huge windshield on it and I need to know how to order

4. ImaRider

ImaRider Active Member

5. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

ImaRider is correct Dean. You can actually go to the MS website and they have a picture of a windshield with holes and everything and shows just how to measure. NOTE - they have lots of choices so be sure to select YOUR motorcycle and year.

The MS replacement windshield is about 30% thicker than the original on my Heritage but the bolts all worked just fine.

Good luck
    Bill

6. Dean2009

Dean2009 Member

Thank You