free website stats program New Victory Touring Models | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Victory Touring Models

Nope. I'll stick with my Ultra. That's just a goofy looking SG made by a wannabe.

I haven't read the thread so it may have been covered...but isn't Victory made by Polaris?

Competition is good. Even competition from Victory will motivate the HD team to improve and move their technology forward instead of becoming complacent and stale. You don't have to ride it to appreciate it. Victory makes my Wide Glide even more valuable to me.

Polaris is headquartered in Minnesota USA. They are not part of Bombardier that I know of.

That being said I would not purchase anything from Polaris due to the lack of customer service I received dealing with my ATV.

I saw the Cross Country this last weekend at Sanford Bikefest. Big bags. I do not have forward controls so it felt uncomfortable to me. Would like to see how they are in a year from now. I will stick to my 09 Street Glide for a while.

I am sure Victory is a perfectly good bike, but if I owned one every time I got on it I would think I was in an episode of the Jetsons. Some of those bikes look like a two wheeled mosquito.

My 4 year old Heritage may look quite a bit like any Harley made from now until all the way back to 1903. But it looks like a Harley and I love it.

Polaris is a public company and has nothing to do with Bombardier. In the early 80's, when Textron wanted to get rid of the then, Polaris Division, they originally had a deal to sell it to Bombardier but that fell through over concerns about anti-trust actions.

The Victory bikes don't do anything for me - the cruisers seem to be trying to emulate the Japanese cruisers while the Vision is in fact very unique. That being said, to my eye, it is the most hideous example of a motorcycle on the market. I don't like to put another man's ride down but when I see one going down the road, I always get a chuckle.

Back