free website stats program New Victory Touring Models | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Victory Touring Models

Quite possibly that I am wrong, but I thought Polaris was a wholly owned subsidiary of Bombadieer, a Canadian company. Not saying the Victorys aren't American, just like Goldlwings and some others that are built in the U.S.
Polaris is American.

Polaris Industries Inc. is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota. Polaris engineering, manufacturing and distribution facilities are located in Roseau, Minnesota; Osceola, Wisconsin; Spirit Lake, Iowa; Vermillion South Dakota. International growth is an essential part of Polaris expansion worldwide.
Polaris Industries designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality, high-performance motorized products for recreation and utility use.

Hey heres some pics...

Attachments

• Trip Out West 461.jpg
    Trip Out West 461.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Trip Out West 462.jpg
    Trip Out West 462.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Trip Out West 468.jpg
    Trip Out West 468.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Trip Out West 469.jpg
    Trip Out West 469.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Trip Out West 470.jpg
    Trip Out West 470.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 29
Besides alien ugly, what about resale in a couple of years?

Have you tried to sell a Harley lately?

2010-Victory-CrossCountrye.jpg

Pull that ugly crash bar off the front and replace the exhaust and this is not a bad looking motorcycle with a lot to offer someone with an open mind.

2010-Victory-CrossRoadse-small.jpg

You can't convince someone that something 'looks' good.

It may be a great working machine but still lacks 'REAL' character IMHO.

Was at a Rally in Branson Mo. this spring...and one was on the highway( the butt ugly one)...its turned heads...created a few laffs...only because of the looks....and we all were very patient coz... we all wanted to meet Luke Skywalker...coz it sure looks like something from Star Wars.....i guess i still enjoy a Motorcycle that looks like a Motorcycle...metal chrome stuff.. not plastic....Thats why i always been a Chevy guy i like the looks of what I ride and drive....I think lots of us chose Harleys for the looks...right are wrong..thats what brought me to a Harley and Mostly American made...lol JMHO...btw....Luke Skywalkers lady was freakin "Hot!"...and she did not look Alien..now i gotta keep my wife from looking at this particular post..

I have been in Minnesota. It's pretty close to Canada. The northern border actually touches Canada. I have heard that people from Minnesota actually go fishing in Canada. I have actually dipped a lure in a Canadian lake as a kid.

So if Victory has any relationship to Canada, I'm not going to buy one. Seems to me Canada has French speaking people there too. I remember people boycotting french fries and french toast. Don't they also use the metric system?

Holy smokes!!!

I'm tossing all of my metric wrenches in the dumpster.

Oh come on! Of course HD makes the best bikes. It took me 40+ years to be able to afford a HD. If I had a ton of money, I would park a Victory to my garage but I'd only ride it at night so no one would have to see how ugly it was. hahahahahahahaha

I'll probably be kicked off this site for saying this, but I think the Victory looks pretty cool. I don't know anyone that has one but if one of my buds buys one, I'd certainly ride with 'em. I ride with some guys that have Stars. I also like some choppers even though I ride a Tourer.

victory makes a good bike. lots of other companies do too.
a guy we ride with has a victory lol i forget the model, nice bike 100cu 6spd . he goes on and on about how great it is and how we should think about one lol i say ya man nice bike ;-) but it aint a harley lol

victory , honda and all the rest need to build their own bike and quit trying to be a HD.

Top, what bike was Victory copying when they built the Vision?? Certainly not any Harley I know of. I remember when Victory came out with the Vision, they were villified for building something that only George Jetson would ride. They build something a little more conservative, and they are criticized for copying HD. There are only so many configurations you can make out of a frame, two wheels and handle bars. I actually like the new bikes and believe they are good quality touring bikes with a Victory twist. I don't see it as a HD knockoff but, rather, a different approach to the same goal (good touring bikes). I bet it will draw some of the younger crowd too.
JMO. Ride Safe.

After looking at the video and surfing the web....... nah! Not for me. Reminds me of buying a fake Rolex...

Back