free website stats program New Vance & Hines Big Radius 2:1 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Vance & Hines Big Radius 2:1

snake

G'day Everyone

Has anyone out there fitted a set of the new V&H Big Radius 2:1 to 07 models (specifically Dynas)? They look red hot, and 2:1's have a great rep for performance increase. How is performance on this new system? What tuning tool did you use, what air cleaner, etcetc....

Also, does anyone know about when/if they will be importing to Oz?

Thanks for your input.

Snake.

check this pipe out and see what I'm on about!

G'day Everyone

Has anyone out there fitted a set of the new V&H Big Radius 2:1 to 07 models (specifically Dynas)? They look red hot, and 2:1's have a great rep for performance increase. How is performance on this new system? What tuning tool did you use, what air cleaner, etcetc....

Also, does anyone know about when/if they will be importing to Oz?

Thanks for your input.

Snake.

Attachments

• dy_bigradius_2-1.jpg
    dy_bigradius_2-1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 281
just ordered one with a fuel pac. i thought vance & hines pro pipe would make more power, but after talking to a tec person they indicated the big radius makes 1 or 2 more hp/ torque and said it was slightly quiter then their pro pipe. i think its a good looking piece and the dealer said they will still waranty the bike.

I would seriously doubt what this "TECH" told you. 1 to 2 % would even be low...I would check V&H stat chart. 4% HP increase is what you should expect, and with air & computer mods more increase.:58:

I would seriously doubt what this "TECH" told you. 1 to 2 % would even be low...I would check V&H stat chart. 4% HP increase is what you should expect, and with air & computer mods more increase.:58:

xl1200n the tech stated that the 2 into 1 big radius made 1 to 2 more hp and torque over their 2 into 1 pro pipe. the actual increase over stock was more than 4%. i thought it would be the other way around, as I would have choosen the pro pipe or d&d's 2 into 1 was my other consideration.

found out monday (after i already ordered and payed) that the big radius 2 into 1 is back ordered until 6/31. not exactly thrilled about the wait.

On any build with stock heads and comp you'll never no the difference in HP because the weather and or altitude will make bigger HP swings.
The Big Radius is somewhat quitter - no make that deeper and more mellow.
Either pipe will pass enough air for 100hp+ on a built motor, but other pipes make 100hp+ easier.
If your going the Air-cleaner, Pipe & Tuner route, go for the looks that please you the most. Simple
V&H tuner has a canned map for that setup on a TC96 that runs real sweat.

i hear what you're saying. having drag raced cars and sleds for a long time you get a feel for base line time and no matter how you jet/tune adjust suspension cooler weather will always make more HP and yield better times. as for the big radius 2 into 1 i'm not sure i'll wait that long. called on some d&d fatcats and zippers and d&d are out of stock. tell me which pipes do prefer PC. i do like the fact the v&h pipes and fuel pac should be a no brainer, not looking to make sic hp or i would have got a v-rod ora rocket 3, just something that performs decent, and i can just drive. thanks for the reply.

Yo Snake!

If you want horsepower/performance. Check "Hacker Pipes". They are a local company here and they have the best reputation with everyone who has them. My plan is to have them make mine for my Nightster.:45:

Back